MB Sports & Nike Baseball Camp Curry College Milton, Massachusetts
The NIKE Baseball Camp at Curry College will be offering three weeks of camp for the summer of 2014! This camp covers all facets of the game including hitting, fielding, base running, and team play! Campers will work hard and meet new friends from across the U.S. and abroad!
The camp is directed by Mehdi and Maria Belhassan. Mehdi has owned the camps since 1995, and prior to this was assistant director to the camp, starting in 1989. As a former tennis professional, and a father himself, he knows the values and dedication it takes to give “the best sports instruction.” Mehdi resides on campus throughout all camp sessions, and quickly gains the respect of all the campers.
Maria directs all office and customer service operations of the camp. Maria is the background force, organizing summer events, registration packets, and the many other aspects to putting together a great summer production! Maria is available via email, and during the year the 1-800 number rings to her cell phone. Our policy is that every parent should be 100% comfortable by the time they drop off their child to our camp.
- 8:1 camper to instructor ratio
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play and more
- Multi-level ability grouping
- Discussion topics: preparing for college baseball and personal goal setting
- Nike Camp T-shirt, Lanyard and Nike Prizes
We are thrilled to announce our return to Curry College for 2014. The Milton, Massachusetts campus is one of the most beautiful small college campuses in New England. Located just seven miles outside of downtown Boston, Curry College features some outstanding facilities which include air conditioned dorms and a proper dining hall.Meet your coaching staff
Directing the camp, Cary McConnell enters his 15th season as Head Coach of the Suffolk University Baseball team. McConnell enters the 2010 season with 415 career victories.
In 2009, McConnell guided the Rams to their fourth NCAA Regional appearance in the decade, including amassing thirty wins in a season for the third time in the program's 62-year history. On April 8th of last season McConnell earned his 400th career collegiate coaching victory.
McConnell was hired in February of 1996 and since then has directed his program into one of the premier Division III college programs in the region. As skipper of the Rams, McConnell has guided his teams to a 329-183 record (.642 winning %), five GNAC regular-season 1st place finishes, four NCAA Regional appearances, four GNAC Tournament Championships, one ECAC Tournament Championship, five ECAC Tournament bids, a national ranking of 18th, and the school record in wins with 38 in a season. He was named GNAC Coach of the Year in the 2000, 2002, 2005 and 2008 seasons.
Coach McConnell began his coaching career in 1990 as an assistant at The College of Wooster (Wooster, Ohio) working with pitchers and catchers. In 1990, the Scots set a conference record in earned-run-average with 3.47 on the way to an NCAA Regional appearance. He then began his head coaching career at the University of Rochester where he had a 56-60 record in three seasons.
Camp Code: BAXRCC
Over three quarters of our enrollment is comprised of sleepover students. The Sleepover program includes 25-30 hours of baseball instruction, all meals, housing, and some nightly activities.
MORE THAN JUST BASEBALL!
OTHER SPORTS CAMPS:
When mixing sports, campers must participate in at least 1 full week of each sport. Sports can not be mixed during the week. This is because each sports camp is an Intensified Training Program and should not be interrupted mid week.
Check in (Sunday):
- Time: Sleepover Campers (12-2 p.m.) Day & Extended Day Campers (2pm-2:30 p.m)
- Evaluations: All campers will start their evaluations at 3 p.m. ALL campers… Sleepover, Day & Extended Day Campers MUST BE evaluated. Day Campers: come dressed and ready to play.
- Lunch: On check in day, the first meal served is dinner. If you need to eat lunch with your parents, we will give you a list of several near by restaurants.
Check Out (Friday):
- Time: We now offer 2 check out times: 12 p.m.-2 p.m. and 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Your child is allowed to participate in both the 1st and 2nd sports session (which runs from 2pm-4:45pm), however we understand that parents’ schedules vary, and have therefore opened the lunch time checkout.
- Location: Your check out location is the same dorm that you checked in to unless otherwise notified by our staff at check-in.