Camp Code: BAXRDD
The Sports Academy's baseball programs are focused on players 8-18 years old. Players will be grouped according to age and skill level. Unique to the Sports Academy are fields sized for Major League, intermediate youth league and youth league.
Players will receive individual and group instruction on hitting, fielding, base running, and game strategies. Instruction will also be offered for those interested in pitching and catching. Players can also expect plenty of game action. Each player will receive an evaluation at the conclusion of the session which includes take home instructional points
A full baseball and living experience. Immerse yourself in baseball and new friends off and on the field. Depending on the location choose from General All Skills Camp to High School programs. Live, eat, breathe and sleep baseball!
Full "day only" camps with daily hours typically but not always being 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Lunch is included with Dinner being included on the first day of camp).
Whichever program you do decide on, each Nike Baseball Camp staff member is ready to work with you and provide the best possible baseball experience while you train and strive to be a better baseball player.
Weekend Stayovers are offered between sessions for a price of $129 per weekend. Not offered before the first session of the summer or last session of the summer.
Sunday - 1:30-2:30 a.m.
• Camp begins at 3:00 p.m.
• Day Campers will depart that evening at 5:00 p.m.
Friday, There will be a Graduation Ceremony on the last day of camp at 11:30 a.m. Check out will follow.
The Academy is located in Hinsdale, Massachusetts. Nestled in the Berkshire Hills, the Academy is approximately two hours by car from New York, Boston, and Cooperstown, and 1 hour from Springfield! The 22-acre campus is located on over 100 acres of land adjacent to Plunkett Reservoir.
For its inaugural season held in 2003, all new facilities were completed, including new dormitories, clubhouses, medical, technology and conference centers.
The Academy has one regulation size Major League field, one intermediate youth field and two youth league diamonds. For Basketball the Academy has four outdoor basketball courts and a nearby indoor basketball facility.
Sample Daily Schedule
- Day 1
- 12:00 p.m. Camp Check In
- Day 2-5
- 7:30 a.m. Wake Up/Breakfast
- 9:00 a.m. Roll Call/Announcements/Warm Ups - Stretching
- 9:30 a.m. Skill Stations - Hitting (Batting Cage), Batting Practice (On Field), Pitching & Catching), Infield Drills, Outfield Drills, Base Running
- 11:00 a.m. Play game with group
- 12:30 p.m. Lunch
- 1:30 p.m. Specialty Instruction - Pitching, Catching, Middle Infield, Corner Infield, Outfield
- 2:15 p.m. Team Defense - Cut Offs & Relays
- 3:00 p.m. Play game with group or Lakefront Activities
- 5:30 p.m. Dinner (Overnight Campers)
- 6:30 p.m. Camp Activities - Basketball, Whiffle Ball, Soccer, Capture the Flag, lake Activities, etc.
- 8:00 p.m. Showers - Feature Movie or Campfire at the Lakefront
- 9:30 p.m. Bunkhouse Meeting
- 10:00 p.m. Lights Out