NIKE Big League Baseball Camp Vero Beach Vero Beach, Florida
2013 Dates are Here!
Big League Baseball Camps has the same objective it has had for the past 65 years, to help every camper improve their skills.
Director of Operations for Professional Sports Camps Vincent Carlesi has been directing the Big League Baseball Camps for the past 24 years.
- Lectures - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game. Position Play - During the week all positions will be covered by our staff.
- Drills - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- Games - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him what he did wrong and how to do it right.
- Individual Instructions - Our camp is known for offering that personal touch and giving the individual attention some campers may need to truly learn and understand the game more thoroughly.
- Teach To Understand - We want every camper to understand the reasoning behind the methods we use. It is for this reason that our coaches take the time to explain the reasoning behind why you execute a certain way.
Vero Beach Sports Village, the longtime spring training home of the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers and widely recognized as one of baseball's greatest historic treasures, is now serving as the facility for the NIKE Big League Baseball Camp. From it's inception, the complex then-known as Dodgertown, was designed to give teams the opportunity to train, live and play together in a unique environment where athletes could develop their skills to the highest level. The NIKE Big League Baseball Camp at Vero Beach Sports Village will offer your team the opportunity to train on the same hallowed grounds once occupied by Hall of Fame legends Jackie Robinson, Roy Campanella, Don Drysdale, Sandy Koufax, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider, Don Sutton and Tommy Lasorda.
Vero Beach Sports Village, proudly operated by Minor League Baseball, is the ideal spot for camp. With its ideal training facilitiy and fields, as well as its hotel style villas and full service cafeteria, every camper will have a rewarding experience.Meet your coaching staff
Vinny is Director of Operations for Professional Sports Camps. He has been directing the operation for the past 24 years. He is the active director of our Vero Beach, Adelphi University, and Lawrenceville Camps. Vinny was a former Division I player with Pace University and former scout for the Montreal Expos.
John Carlesi has been leading instruction for past 13 years. The current head baseball coach at Stuyvesant High School, John is a former Division II player and coach at St. Leo College (Fla.).
We compile a highly qualified and professional staff each summer to teach at our camps. All of our coaches are adults who coach in their particular sport. These coaches are high school and college coaches, as well as, professional players and coaches. We are lucky to have many of the same staff return each year which is important because we know the campers are receiving the very best instructions possible. Our counselors are often former campers who have gone on to college.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching Exercises
- 9:15 a.m. Instructional Session
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Drills/Games
- 3:30 p.m. Recreational Time/Free Time
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 5:00 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Drills/Contests/Games
- 8:30 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 8:45 p.m. Recreational Time/Movie/Contests
- 10:00 p.m. Bed Check/Lights Out