NBC Basketball Camp at Canadian Mennonite University Winnipeg, Manitoba
NBC Camps is excited to be in Manitoba! You don't want to miss out on NBC Camps Position Specific and Complete Skills training at Canadian Mennonite University.
For 40 years, NBC Camps has been training athletes for success on and off the court. Creating the best instructional basketball camps is our full-time job. Former Division 1 coaches and players have designed a unique summer camp program that will help you excel in every aspect of the game. From our basketball curriculum, to our tournaments and games, from our Intensity Station, to our life skills training, NBC Camps works to provide the ultimate basketball camp experience.
Position Specific Camps: Guard, Wing and Post
These camps differ from our intermediate/advanced basketball camps in that athletes are divided into specific positions: points, wings and posts. This training is much more detailed for each specific position. Athletes select one position for the week to study. Posts, wings, and point guards then combine in the afternoon for competitive tournaments and games.
Complete Skills Day Camps
Complete Skills Day Camps focus on the crucial keys to becoming a great player. We break our teaching into four focus areas: Individual offense, defense, shooting and team skills. Campers are separated into teaching groups and teams based on their age and ability.
Complete Skills Day Camps emphasize extensive skill development, intensity, enthusiasm, leadership, and teamwork. NBC Camps full-time staff work year round to make NBC Camps the premier basketball camp in the world.
- Outstanding staff and coaches that will get to know you and help you improve
- In-depth position specific skill training that will make you a better player
- An atmosphere of encouragement, skill mastery, intensity, great fun, enthusiasm, Christian values and leadership training on and off the court
- NBC Camps reputation as the best basketball camp in the world
About the campus
CMU sits on an attractive 10-acre campus located in southwest Winnipeg. Accessible from major city routes, CMU is within a 15-minute drive from the airport. CMU provides an air-conditioned gym with new hardwood floor ideal for a great basketball camp experience.Meet your coaching staff
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Welcome and warm up
- 9:20am AM Session: POSITION CAMP:Position work - grouped by position. COMPLETE SKILLS:Shooting, Dribbling, Effective Passing, Defense Intensity Drills. All drills designed for age appropriate.
- 12:00pm Lunch - bring a sack lunch
- 1:15pm PM Session: 5-on-5 drills, Help defense, Screening, Bump Cutters, Block-out, Pass/Cut and Spacing
- 3:15pm Afternoon Program with NBC Theme and skits, discussion groups
- 4:00pm Camper Dismissal