NBC Basketball Camp at Colorado Christian University Lakewood, Colorado
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Get better at basketball this summer with NBC Basketball Camps at Colorado Christian University. Attracting athletes from around this world, this camp will give you the tools to be the best player you can be.
Improve your shooting, defense, offensive moves from the point, wing and post position, rebounding, leadership, mental toughness, confidence and overall understanding of the game of basketball. Work with coaches who will be 100% committed to helping you become a better player.
For 40 years, NBC Camps has been training athletes for success on and off the court. Creating the best instructional basketball camps in the U.S. is our full-time job. From our basketball curriculum, to our tournaments and games, from our Intensity Station, to our life skills training, NBC Camps works to provide the ultimate basketball camp experience.
Complete Player Basketball Camp:
Jul. 8 - Jul. 12, 2013
Complete Player Camps focus on the crucial keys to becoming a great player. We break our teaching into four focus areas: Individual offense, defense, shooting and team skills. Campers are separated into teaching groups and teams based on their age and ability. These camps are not for the beginning basketball player. Athletes who attend must have fair amount of experience and ability appropriate for 6 to 8 hours a day of basketball. We recommend our junior camp option to younger or more beginner athletes.
Complete Player Camps are highly recommended and emphasis extensive skill development, intensity, enthusiasm, leadership, and team. Many athletes who have attended our program go on to play at the college level and beyond. NBC Camps full-time staff work year round to make NBC Camps the premier basketball camp in the world. One of the highlights of this week is Intensity Night. Enjoy tournaments, games, amazing staff who care about helping you become the best person you can be.
- Total basketball skill development
- Personal assessment of athletic and basketball skills
- An atmosphere of intensity, great fun, respect, Christian values and a commitment to hard work and skill maste
- A reputation as the best basketball in the world
- Coaches 100% committed to your improvement
- Intensity station, games and tournaments, awards, personal evaluations and camp workbook
- A camp which not only makes you a better player but a better person
CU is located at the edge of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, a suburb ten minutes west of Denver. Colorado Christian is a NCAA Division II school competingin the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
You do not need to request a roommate before camp begins. When you sign up for a room, have your preferred roommate with you. If you have no preference, we will match you with someone of the same gender and similar age. Two room apartment style dorms-sleep two to a room, with a shared bathroom for 4 people. There is no air-conditioning so we suggest you bring a fan.
The main gym will be used for games and teaching stations as well as the Intensity station. The cafeteria facility provides an all-you-can-eat salad bar with fresh fruit, hot entrees with beverage, sandwich and cereal stations.Meet your coaching staff
Danny Beard, Senior Vice President for NBC Camps is the director of CCU and NBC's Team Camps.Read Full Bio
Danny was Southern Illinois Athlete of the year, Kansas State standout, clinician for the Uganda African Olympic Team, and coach of the NBC Thunder Team.
NBC Camps coaches are known for their hard work, great attitude, and commitment to helping you reach your potential on and off the court. Our curriculum focuses on helping you master even the most difficult skills as well as developing leadership, mental toughness, and confidence.
The NBC Difference
Unlike other camp programs where skills training falls under the sole expertise of the camp director, NBC Camps has built a program of training to help each camper walk out of camp a better player and person. Our site directors work as event managers helping to run a great week of camp and facilitating the implementation of our specific camp expectations. Our basketball instruction is based on skill curriculum and talent development we believe are essential to take your game to the next level. Though coaching styles and drills may change, our master teachers receive DVDs, lesson plans, and detailed training on how to maximize this week of camp. Coaching at camp is much different than coaching a team. With over 40 years experience, our goal is to give you the best basketball and life skills instruction possible.
TEACH BASKETBALL AND LIFE SKILLS AT A “WORLD CLASS” LEVEL
Coach the game at a world class level. FAB 4
• Protect the ball
• Play with quickness and intensity
• Play Smart
• Finish the play
Teach by living valuable skills for life. LIFE 4
• Guard your heart
• Live with love & intensity
• Be smart by seeking out wisdom
• Finish strong, never give up
The ability to know, understand and apply is the heart of NBC’s Teach, Encourage, Correct method. True teaching takes place when the student knows how to reproduce the skill and self-correct the skill when it is wrong.
First day of camp:
- Check-in: 12:30 PM at the Student Union Building
- Parent orientation: 1:00 & 1:20 PM in the Cafeteria
- Camper orientation: 2:00 PM in the gymnasium
Last day of camp:
- Parent lunch: 12:00 PM
- Awards Program: 3:00 PM at the Event Center (enter through the entrance on S. Garrison St.)
- Camp ends: 4:00 PM
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:20 Ball handling and skill work
- 8:45 Leadership Training
- 9:30-12:30 Improve your shooting, offensive moves, passing and game understanding
- 1:30-3:30 Improve your defense, rebounding, team skills and decision making
- 3:30-5:00 Games and tournaments
- 6:00-8:00 Evening Basketball Activity such as shooting games, tournaments, Intensity Night
- 8:30-9:45 Evening program leadership training including dvds and motivational speakers, small group discussions and goal setting
- 10:30 Lights out