NBC Basketball Camp at Heritage Christian School Kelowna, British Columbia
Set up your game to the next level this summer. NBC Camps is bringing an INTENSIVE Day camp for serious athletes ages 13 - 18.
Complete Skills Basketball INTENSIVE Camp
Designed for ages 13-18, this camp is all encompassing to help athletes develop and master skills to play the game of basketball with excellence in a 9am-4pm time frame. This curriculum for this camp is intensive and we recommend that your son or daughter attend a Complete Player Camp first though this is not required.
We require your son or daughter meet three of the following criteria in order to attend.
- They are in good shape and can play 6 to 8 hours per day.
- They are a good athlete.
- They have played basketball for a couple years .
- They have competed on an organized team.
- Offense and Defense intensity training
- Leadership training on ways to elevate your game and life
- Total basketball skill training
- Outstanding coaches genuinely care about your kids and their development
- An atmosphere of enthusiasm, hard work, Christian values, respect, skill mastery and great fun
Coach Gib Hinz has been a teacher and high school basketball coach in Canada for over 15 years. His teams have won 7 Provincial Championships (BC, SK) and many of his players have gone on to play and coach at the University level.Read Full Bio
Standing 7' tall, Hinz was a high school All-Star, an NAIA All-American, and an NBA draftee of the San Antonio Spurs. He also played professionally in France and Australia, and with the prestigious Christian basketball team, Athletes in Action. Coach Hinz was recently selected to the Division III Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC) Men’s Basketball All-Time Team.
This is Coach Gene Wolverton’s first year coaching at an NBC Camp and he’s excited for the opportunity! He played at Briercrest College (SK) for 4 years where he was a team Captain and League All-Star. He was the lead Assistant Coach for the University of Waterloo men's team that went to the CIS National Tournament in 2005. He was also the lead Assistant Coach at Trinity Western University before being hired on as the Head Coach at Briercrest College. Coach Wolverton is passionate about helping young people achieve their highest level in basketball and more importantly in life!
GET READY FOR CAMP
Questions about camp? Click the image below to print off the "Get Ready for Camp Packet".
Complete Skills INTENSIVE Basketball Day Camp - July 7 - 11
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Welcome, Warm up and Core workout
- 9:30am AM Session: shooting, passing, screens, back door cuts, attacking the basket, finishing
- 12:00pm Lunch - bring sack lunch
- 12:45pm Afternoon Program (NBC Theme, discussion groups)
- 1:30pm PM Session: 5 on 5 full court and competition games
- 4:00pm Camper pickup