NBC Basketball Camp at Strathcona Christian Elementary School Sherwood Park, Alberta
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
NBC Camps is once again offering a complete player basketball junior day camp for younger athletes who love the game of basketball. This camp focuses on fundamentals, self-discipline, fun, encouragement and being your best on and off the court.
This basketball camp is designed for athletes to improve their game and have a fun time. We will focus on developing fundamental skills from shooting and attacking the basketball to ball handling and defense. The goal is to help build confidence in a fun and encouraging environment at a pace more suitable for the younger athlete.
During this formative time, building skill mastery is crucial. It takes about 50-100 accurate repetitions over three days to learn a new skill. It takes about 2500 accurate repetitions over three weeks to undo a skill learned incorrectly. At NBC Camps, we believe it is worth the investment to help younger athletes learn a skill accurately. We also believe having fun is crucial for future passion. Our Intro camps combine great teaching, high energy, enthusiasm and tons of fun into a camp experience younger athletes will love.
Complete Player Junior Day Camps
These camps offer comprehensive skill training, motivation and leadership training, and intensity station all within a 9am to 4pm time frame. These day camps are a perfect introduction for athletes into the NBC Camp program and offer a taste of NBC excellence at a pace and intensity more suitable for younger or more beginning athletes
- Basketball fundamentals and games
- Coaches who care about each player and invest in their game and character
- An atmosphere of great fun, hard work, Christian values and personal excellence
- All campers receive NBC t-shirt, work book, player profile and evaluation
- Commitment to developing athletes who are great players and great people
NBC Camps enjoys the use of great gyms at Strathcona Christian Elementary School with plenty of space and lots of hoops to have an outstanding week of basketball.Meet your coaching staff
Luke is the NBC Site Director at The King's University College and a long time coach and master teacher.Read Full Bio
Luke is a former U of A football player and now owns and operates Sportball in the Edmonton area.
Dallas Wright has been coaching and master teaching with NBC Camps and Varsity Academy for the last 3 years. He is currently a stand out player for the Concordia University College of Alberta
GET READY FOR CAMP
Questions about camp? Click the image below to get answers on FAQ and important details for camp.
Complete Skills Jr. Basketball Day Camp - July 7 - 11
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Welcome and Warm ups
- 9:20am AM Session: Shooting, Dribbling, Effective Passing, Defense Intensity Drills (drills designed for age appropriate)
- 12:00pm Lunch - bring sack lunch
- 12:45pm Afternoon Program (skits, games, theme, discussion groups and speaker)
- 1:30pm Competition and Games Session
- 4:00pm Camper pick up