The largest and most successful basketball camp in New England, Behn Basketball has grown throughout Eastern Massachusetts for the past 18 years with a reputation of excellent teaching focused on fundamentals. Our experienced coaches create an intense yet comfortable atmosphere that encourages learning and development. The goal is for each player to leave camp with improved skills, increased confidence, and acquired knowledge on how to practice and succeed. And of course we have fun too!
Girls Camp Check-in: Friday, July 10th between 3PM - 4PM.
Boys Camp Check-in: Friday, July 24th between 3PM - 4PM.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Girls Camp Closing ceremony:Sunday, July 12th at 10:30AM
Boys Camp Closing ceremony: Sunday, July 26th at 10:30AM
Parents are invited to attend! Departure: 11AM Immediately following the closing ceremony.
Housing & Roommates
2 campers per room. If you have a roommate request, and have not already given it to us, please do so as soon as possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed, if you don't have a roommate request, you will be placed in a room with someone near your age. It will be a great opportunity to meet someone new!
Linens: Not provided
Camp Meals: All meals are provided. Additional snacks and drinks are available for purchase.
Suggested Spending Money: $25-$50
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff live in the dormitories with the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Mount Ida College is a small, private college near Boston, Massachusetts located at 777 Dedham Street, Newton, MA 02459.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:15 AM Wake-Up
- 7:30 AM Breakfast
- 9:15 AM Stretching/Warm Up
- 10:00 AM BEEF and Lay-up instruction, Shooting Drills with Groups, Catch - Square - Pivot, V Cut - Backdoor Cut
- 10:30 AM 1 on 1 Tournament
- 11:00 AM Extra Help or Director's Choice
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:15 PM Team Games
- 2:00 PM Free Throws and Importance Discussion
- 2:15 PM 15 Free Throw Stretch
- 2:30 PM Position Play - Offense Only, Point Guards (1 man) - Dribble Pen, Jab Step, Dribble and Kick, Guard Arm
- 2:45 PM Shell Drill: Individual Defense and Team Defense / Rebounding
- 3:00 PM 4 vs. 4 Defensive Transition, Circle the Wagon (Boxing Out Drill)
- 3:15 PM 3 on 3 or 2 on 2 Tourney
- 4:00 PM Classroom - Goal Setting (Short and Long Term), Nutrition & Strength and Conditioning, College Recruitment and Selection Process
- 5:00 PM Dinner
- 6:15 PM Team Practice
- 6:30 PM Games
- 7:15 PM Hot Shot Tourney
- 7:45 PM Great American Shootout
- 8:15 PM Clean-Up
- 9:00 PM Dinner and Movie in Auditorium
- 10:45 PM Bed Check and Lights Out