Coach Rivas designs his camps so that the day-to-day camp routine is comprised of the following five categories:
Warm-up: Foam Roll/Static Stretch/Stabilization/Core & Balance/Dynamic Warm-Up/Injury Prevention -- Warming up properly is the #1 thing you can do to prevent injury. We go to great lengths to make sure your body is properly stretched and stabilized before we begin training.
SAQ Attack: Speed/Quickness/Explosion/Footwork/Agility/Strength -- We will teach you the proper techniques of movement, change of direction, acceleration, deceleration, and jump/landing techniques.
Footwork: Catch & Shoot/Half Court Attack/Catch Attack/Dribble Attack/Transition Attack/Finishing Moves -- The quality of your: catching, passing, shooting and ball handling is directly related to the quality of your footwork. Our workouts are literally “built from the ground up.”
Conditioning: With Out Ball/With Ball/Combination/Competitive Drills/Controlled Scrimmage -- Once a habit has been formed it must be applied when tired and at game speeds. Out workouts conclude with an opportunity to perform learned skills in a competitive setting.
Cool Down: Foam Roll/Static Stretch/Core Stabilization/Partner Stretch/Band Stretch -- Cool down is a period vital to the regenerative process. When basketball is long done, you will still have your body to live with. A little time now will pay great dividends later in life.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following at 4PM.
Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch. There may be vending machines but campers should plan to bring lunch, a snack, and water/sports drinks of their choice.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Ideally located for players in the Central Valley, Beardsley Junior High School is just off Highway 99 and Airport Drive in Bakersfield, CA.
*Please note, there is no AC in the gym. While we do our best to keep the temperature relatively cool with fans, the gyms can get hot. Camper safety is always our number one priority.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Introduction/Roll Call
- 9:10 AM Dynamic Warm-up/Stabilization/Core
- 9:40 AM Footwork Ladders/Agility
- 10:00 AM Ball Handling Series Stationary/
On the Move
- 10:30 AM Pass and Catch Series Stationary/
On the Move
- 11:00 AM Dribble Attack Skills w/ Finishing
- 11:30 AM 1-2-3 Man Games
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 1:00 PM Afternoon Warm-up
- 1:15 PM 3-Minute Tournament
- 1:30 PM Catch and Shoot Series
- 2:00 PM Catch Attack Jab Series w/
- 2:30 PM Shooting on The Move Series/
Transition Attack w/ Finishes
- 3:00 PM Camper Departs