We believe that teaching basketball is more than setting up cones and blowing a whistle; we believe the "why" behind a philosophy or technique is just as important as the "how" and players deserve to know both! Our elite staff members will provide a clear, progressive and detailed approach, in an effort to promote the maximum development of each and every player. Our daily commitment to excellence will be achieved by creating a POSITIVE atmosphere that fosters success!
Camps will highlight the fundamentals and advanced techniques of basketball while conducting hands-on drills, skills sessions, and competitive games. Each day players will be challenged to learn and demonstrate team building, discipline and confidence toward team and staff. Here are 10 reasons why YOU should "CHASE YOUR DREAMS WITH SONIA CHASE!" Our camp is designed to offer the following to each player:
• All coaches have professional, college, high school, or AAU experience
• The opportunity to learn the fundamentals of basketball and sharpen individual skills
• A structured environment to learn teamwork, sportsmanship and a positive attitude
• A chance to meet and interact with professional and college athletes
• Individual written evaluations
• 2-3 League Games Daily
• 3-on-3 Tournaments
• Team and Individual contests
• Team and Individual awards
• Special Lectures and Guest Speakers within the college & professional industry
Lunch will not be provided, please bring your own lunch.
MON - FRI 9AM-4PM
Coed camp check-in: Monday April 14 8:45 AM
Girls camp check-in: Monday, June 23 8:45AM
Boys camp check-in: Monday, July 21 8:45AM
There will be a closing ceremony at 3:35 PM on the last day of camp. Parents are encouraged to attend!
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature. Health forms will be collected on the first day of camp.
The City of Bowie Gymnasium is a 27,000-square-foot athletic complex that houses two full-size and two intermediate-size basketball courts. Bowie is part of Prince George's County, Maryland approximately 20 miles northeast of Washington DC.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Camp meeting, discuss agenda for the day
- 9:15 Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 10:30 Lecture and technique demonstrations
- 11:30 Games/contests/shooting
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:15 Offensive sets discussion
- 1:30 Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 2:15 Team practice
- 3:00 League games
- 4:00 Departure