More Important Camp Details
2016 CAMP DATES
Spring Break Session: March 28th-April 1st
Girls Summer Session: July 11th-15th
Boys Summer Session I: July 25th-29th
Boys Summer Session II: August 1st-5th
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Friday at 3:30PM
Camp Meals: Lunch is not included. Please bring a packed lunch.
Camp Hours: MON-FRI 9AM-4PM
Before and after camp care is available. Please contact Director Sonia Chase for more details and to enroll: 410-812-7670.
Click the "More Details" button below for a sample daily schedule and information on daily camp hours, facilities, camper evaluation, and registration.
We believe that teaching basketball is more than setting up cones and blowing a whistle; we believe the "why" behind a philosophy or technique is just as important as the "how" and players deserve to know both! Our elite staff members will provide a clear, progressive and detailed approach, in an effort to promote the maximum development of each and every player. Our daily commitment to excellence will be achieved by creating a POSITIVE atmosphere that fosters success!
Before and After Camp Care is available. Before Care is available from 7:15AM-9AM and After Care is available from 4PM-6PM. Please contact Director Sonia Chase for more details and to enroll: 410-812-7670.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
The City of Bowie Gymnasium is a 27,000-square-foot athletic complex that houses two full-size and two intermediate-size basketball courts. Bowie is part of Prince George's County, Maryland approximately 20 miles northeast of Washington DC.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Camp meeting, discuss agenda for the day
- 9:15 AM Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 10:30 AM Lecture and technique demonstrations
- 11:30 AM Games/contests/shooting
- 12:15 PM Lunch
- 1:15 PM Offensive sets discussion
- 1:30 PM Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 2:15 PM Team practice
- 3:00 PM League games
- 4:00 PM Departure