Nike Basketball Camp Cedar Valley Waterloo, Iowa
Nike Basketball Camps and US Sports Camps are pleased to present Acie Earl as a new Nike Basketball Camp Director. Coach Earl and his staff will follow the same Pro Level Training camp set-up that has been so popular among all developing players on the east coast over the past few summers. The week Nike Basketball Camp for boys and girls will take place from July 14-18 at the Cedar Valley Sportsplex.
The goal of camp will be the same as that of Pro Level Training: to provide players with the skills and mental approach they need to get a leg up on the competition. A major emphasis of camp will be movement and working on the fundamentals of footwork, balance and conditioning to become a better and more explosive player. Additionally, Coach Earl will discuss the importance of a good nutritional balance for every developing player!
- Talented staff of coaches eager to teach and reinforce basketball fundamentals
- Wide range of skill development drills
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp workbook, PowerBars and other great prizes!
• Is the second all-time scoring leader at Iowa, all-time leading shotblocker, and holds over 23 individual records with Iowa basketball
• Holds over five records with Toronto Raptors: first Raptor to block a shot, make a free throw, and score in double digits
• Won MVP in three countries overseas, China, Turkey, and Kosovo, while playing eight seasons in over twelve countries
• Currently teaches two coaching classes at University of Iowa undergraduate and alumni foundation
• Is the author of two best selling books in the state of Iowa: How to Play Overseas and Basketball's Main Ingredients Part 2
Acie Earl is a veteran NBA center and former Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year. He played four seasons in the National Basketball Association with the Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors and Milwaukee Bucks. He was selected nineteenth overall in the NBA Draft.
Acie played collegiately at the University of Iowa where he earned the Big Ten Conference Defensive Player of the Year award. He was selected to two All-Big Ten teams and won All-American honorable mention honors. He set the Iowa record for blocked shots and finished his career as the second leading scorer in school history.
Acie currently works in real estate in the Iowa City area and is the author of Basketball’s Main Ingredients. He also works as a coach and instructor for Venom Sports. He has previously coached in the American Basketball Association and the Continental Basketball Association. Acie also works at the University of Iowa as a tutor/mentor for athletic student services and he teaches coaching classes for both undergrad and the senior college. Acie holds a masters degree in sports business for Iowa which he earned in 2012.
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/Free Shoot
- 9:15 Stretch/Floor Length Open Up
- 9:30 Skill Development Work
- 11:15 Agility Drills
- 12:00 Lunch/extra shooting
- 1:00 Individual Improvement Drills
- 1:30 Lecture (Guest Speaker, nutrition/conditioning discussions)
- 2:15 Games - 5 on 5 or 3 on 3
- 2:55 Wrap-up
Camp check-in Monday, July 14 at 8:45 AM
Closing ceremony, Friday, July 18 at 11:30 AM
Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony.
Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch. There will be a concession stand open for lunch and drink purchases.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. Campers must bring their health and release forms with them to check-in on the first day of camp.