Nike Basketball Camp at Jesuit High School Carmichael, California
US Sports Camps welcomes Jesuit High School as it's newest Nike Basketball Camp in Sacramento. Ideally located just minutes away from the heart of downtown Sacramento, Jesuit has a long tradition of athletic excellence in the prep ranks, and is the perfect spot to hone your game.
Nike Basketball Camp at Jesuit runs from Monday - Thursday, 9am - 3pm, and Friday from 9am - 12pm. Campers participate in drills, contests, and scrimmages daily along with strength and conditioning training. Players are divided into groups based on ages and ability levels by our camp staff to ensure proper instruction. This program is directed by Jesuit Basketball Head Coach, Greg Harcos, and other members of the Jesuit HS team are on staff as counselors.
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Low camper to instructor ratio
- Official Nike Basketball Camp t-shirt
- Nike Camp workbook and other great prizes
Father Barry Gym
The Fr. Barry Gymnasium is home to basketball, volleyball, and wrestling. Built in 1967, the gymnasium can seat 1,200 for sports games and rallies and 2,000 for events that include floor seating. Jesuit plays host to one of the biggest high school basketball tournaments in Northern California each year, the Father Barry Classic.Meet your coaching staff
Greg Harcos directs our basketball instructional program and currently serves as head varsity basketball coach at JHS. He brings a vast basketball background to camp to help young basketball players improve their game.Read Full Bio
His resume includes Varsity Basketball from 2001-present, JV Basketball from 1997-2001, Varsity Assistant from 1996-1997, and Frosh Head Coach from 1995-1996. Coach Harcos also coached JV Football from 1997-2000 and was a member of the varsity football staff in 2001. His coaching career started at St. Ignatius Grammar School in 1994-1995.
Greg attended the University of California-Berkeley where he graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree. He later earned his Masters in Education Degree from Chapman University.
Coach Harcos has led the Marauder basketball program to much success. Greg posts an overall record of 247 wins to 122 losses. The team earned Delta River League Championships in 2003, 2006, and 2007. He also led his program to Sac-Joaquin Section titles in 2006, 2007, 2011, and 2012. The team finished as section runner-up in 2003, 2011, and 2012.
In 2006, Coach Harcos was honored with the Sacramento Bee Coach of the Year award. He led the Marauders to national and state rankings.
- 2005 – # 22 in the State
- 2007 – # 6 in the State and # 39 Nationally
- 2010 – # 28 in the State
- 2011 – # 10 in the State and # 60 Nationally
Greg’s coaching philosophy is that basketball is not only about learning the game but also using the circumstances that parallel the game to teach life lessons and prepare our athletes for what lies ahead. He strives to develop each individual to the best of his ability in an attempt to maximize his players’ ability. Understand that skill can only take you so far-thus strength, toughness, hard work, and preparation, should be easily identified in the character of a Jesuit team.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00AM Campers Arrive/Check-in/Free Shooting
- 9:10 Stretch/Footwork Development
- 9:30 Skill Development Stations
- Monday - Defense and Rebounding
- Tuesday - Passing and Ball Handling
- Wednesday - Moving without the ball, Screens, and Post Footwork
- Thursday - Shooting and Perimeter Offensive Skills
- 10:50 Competitions
- 11:15 Younger Group Lunch/Older Group 5 x 5 Games
- 12:05 Younger Group 5 x 5 Games/Older Group Lunch
- 1:00 Clinic/Videos/Weight Room Introductions/Guest Speaker
- 2:20 3x3 League Games
- 3:00 End of Camp day/Campers Depart
Camp Information and Notes:
- Camp Hours are 9AM-3PM (Monday-Thursday) and 9AM-12PM (Friday).
- Check-In: Monday 8:30AM. All other days campers can arrive prior to 9AM.
- Check-Out: Friday, 12PM with closing cermony at 11:30AM.
- Lunch is NOT included.