Nike Basketball Camp Legacy High School Broomfield, Colorado
US Sports Camps and Nike Basketball Camps are thrilled to add the Legacy High School to our Nike Basketball Camp family. Directing the three day camp at the Legacy High School will be Terrence "TJ" Jones of Ultimate Champions Basketball. Camp will run from July 25-27, 2014 for boys and girls ages 8-15.
Nike Basketball Camps are pleased to present the Ultimate Champions philosophy: In order to be successful there has to be a strong foundation. If a builder is building a house, he must have a strong foundation in order for the house to stand properly over time. Well, the same is for basketball. There must be a strong foundation in fundamentals for continuous individual improvement. In addition to an emphasis on skill development, camp will also aim to improve each players athleticism and explosiveness.
- Talented staff of coaches experienced in teaching basketball fundamentals
- Wide range of skill development drills
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp workbook and other NIKE prizes
- Owner of Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy
- Currently trains NBA, College and High School players around the country
- Coached at the Division I level
- Played Professional Basketball in Italy, Germany, France and Mexico
- Played College Basketball at University of Texas at San Antonio
- Won the Conference Championship as a Junior.
- Ranked #4 in the state of Louisiana as a High School Senior
Complete Skills: Camp is designed to help young players develop their fundamental skills and work on their athleticism. Camp will focus on offensive and defensive skill development through a competitive yet fun and encouraging environment. All players are encouraged to work had and make the most out of the opportunity to learn from an experienced and talented coaching staff. Each camper will learn skills at each position on the basketball court - our goal is for each camper to develop an all-around game!
Additional emphasis is placed on fundamental development in core basketball skills: shooting, dribbling, passing, moving without the ball, defensive stance, defensive team movement and more.
Upon arrival, all players are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Players will be grouped by age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Stretching
- 9:15 Ball-Handling
- 9:45 One on One Moves
- 10:15 Offensive skill development
- 10:45 Shooting Work (foot alignment, shoulder alignment, balance, selection, technique)
- 11:30 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 12:00 Lunch/shootaround
- 1:00 Defensive Work (stance, movement, communication, desire)
- 1:30 Passing
- 2:00 Guest lecture/Speaker
- 2:25 Athletic movement development
- 3:00 Offensive drills
- 3:45 5 on 5
- 4:30 Dismissal
Friday, July 25 @ 5:45 AM
Sunday @ 4:15 PM
Friday-Sunday, July 25-27