Coach Rivas designs his camps so that the day-to-day camp routine is comprised of the following five categories:
Warm-up: Foam Roll/Static Stretch/Stabilization/Core & Balance/Dynamic Warm-Up/Injury Prevention -- Warming up properly is the #1 thing you can do to prevent injury. We go to great lengths to make sure your body is properly stretched and stabilized before we begin training.
SAQ Attack: Speed/Quickness/Explosion/Footwork/Agility/Strength -- We will teach you the proper techniques of movement, change of direction, acceleration, deceleration, and jump/landing techniques.
Footwork: Catch & Shoot/Half Court Attack/Catch Attack/Dribble Attack/Transition Attack/Finishing Moves -- The quality of your: catching, passing, shooting and ball handling is directly related to the quality of your footwork. Our workouts are literally “built from the ground up.”
Conditioning: With Out Ball/With Ball/Combination/Competitive Drills/Controlled Scrimmage -- Once a habit has been formed it must be applied when tired and at game speeds. Out workouts conclude with an opportunity to perform learned skills in a competitive setting.
Cool Down: Foam Roll/Static Stretch/Core Stabilization/Partner Stretch/Band Stretch -- Cool down is a period vital to the regenerative process. When basketball is long done, you will still have your body to live with. A little time now will pay great dividends later in life.
Check-in Monday, June 30th at 8:30AM
Camp Hours are: MON-THURS 9AM-4PM
Closing ceremony: Thursday, July 3rd at 3:30PM.
Parents are invited to attend!
Departure at 4PM Immediately following the ceremony.
All campers must have eaten breakfast before coming to camp. Lunch is not provided campers should plan to bring lunch, a snack, and water/sports drink.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Introduction/Roll Call
- 9:00 - 9:10 Foam Roll
- 9:10- 9:40 Dynamic Warm-up/Stabilization/Core
- 9:40 - 10:00 Footwork Ladders/Agility
- 10:00 - 10:30 Ball Handling Series Stationary / On the Move
- 10:30 - 11:00 Pass and Catch Series Stationary / On the Move
- 11:00 - 11:30 Dribble Attack Skills with Finishing Moves
- 11:30 - 12:00 1-2-3 Man Games
- 12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 - 1:15 Afternoon Warm-up
- 1:15 - 1:30 3-Minute Tournament
- 1:30 - 2:00 Catch and Shoot Series
- 2:00 - 2:30 Catch Attack Jab Series with Finishing Moves
- 2:30 - 3:00 Shooting on the Move Series / Transition Attack with Finishes
- 3:30 - 4:00 Cool Down / Stretching / Closing Comments