Nike Boys Basketball Camp Neumann Goretti High School
Average Rating 4.25 / 5
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
The Nike Boys Basketball Camp at Neumann Goretti High School announces two weeks of complete skills camp this year! Players will learn new techniques and tools to help them become successful, both on and off the court, at this Philadelphia summer staple location.
The Complete Skills Camp helps players of all abilities develop athletically, refine fundamental basketball skills and enhance their skill set at the post, wing or guard position.
- Work with one of Philadelphia's top basketball programs
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt, NIKE Workbook and other great prizes!
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Carl Arrigale
Coach Arrigale is now in his 16th year at the helm and has lead Neumann Goretti to national prominence. Under his guidance the program has become a high school basketball powerhouse in Philadelphia and on the national prep scene.View Carl Arrigale's Bio ⟩
Recently added to the PIAA Conference and eligible for State competition for the first time, his squads have won the title twice in three years. Arrigale has coached 19 Division I players to scholarships at the collegiate level, and has won over 300 games at Neumann Goretti. A national Nike Elite Coach, he had his best year as a program in 2010, while finishing 2nd nationally at the end of the year and concluding play with a 30-1 record.
Coach Robert Taylor
Coach Taylor joins our camp staff as Co-Director boasting a stellar playing career which began at N-G under Coach Arrigale. Some of his playing highlights: Led Neumann-Goretti to itsView Robert Taylor's Bio ⟩
Coach Taylor joins our camp staff as Co-Director boasting a stellar playing career which began at N-G under Coach Arrigale. Some of his playing highlights:
- Led Neumann-Goretti to its first championship
- South Philly Review Athlete of the Year
- Attended Rider University – 3 year starter
- Rider team captain as a Sophomore
- MAC Championship finalist
- Current Member of the UL Eagles (Ireland Professional League)
- Eagles played for the National Cup with an Irish league Championship
- MVP of the National Cup
- Two-time Player of the Month
2017 CAMP DATES
Session I: June 26th-30th
Session II: August 7th-11th
Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Closing Ceremony: Friday at 11:30AM
Camp Meals: Lunch is not provided. Please bring a packed lunch.
Camp Hours: MON-THURS 9AM-3:30PM FRI 9AM-12PM
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony! Departure immediately following.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Camp meeting, discuss agenda for the day - Stretching/warm up
- 9:15 AM Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 10:30 AM Lecture/technique demonstrations
- 11:00 AM Games/contests/shooting
- 12:00 PM Lunch/games
- 1:00 PM Offensive sets discussion
- 1:15 PM Team practice
- 2:00 PM Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 2:45 PM Games
- 3:15 PM Concluding words
- 3:30 PM Departure
Campers will utilize the Neumann Goretti High School Gym and may also be utilizing the Tolentine Recreation Center if needed. The Recreation Center gym is located just one block away (less than a 5 min. walk) from Neumann Goretti High School and will be beneficial for additional court space. All campers will check-in and check-out every day at Neumann Goretti High School.
Neumann Goretti High School: 1736 S 10th St, Philadelphia, PA 19148. Tolentine Recreation Center: 1025 Mifflin Street Philadelphia, PA 19148.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
We'll definitely be back next year
July 7, 2016: We found that this camp was extremely helpful for him.The coaches were excellent and really helped his game and self esteem as a player. We loved watching his confidence grow.
— Deborah W. Parent
Nicky thoroughly enjoyed working with the counselors!
July 7, 2016: Nicky had a great time and learned so much in such a short time and made new friends.
— John M. Parent
July 7, 2016: Bryce enjoyed camp and feels it will help him be a better player. The counselors were excellent.
— Yakeema E. Parent
The counselors were great
July 18, 2015: My son will definitely be there. He is looking forward to it already!
— Mark K. Parent
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.