Nike Basketball Camp Neumann Goretti High School Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
US Sports and Nike Basketball Camps are thrilled to present camp this summer with coach, Carl Arrigale, at Neumann Goretti High School. Camp with coach Arrigale will run from June 23-27 at the Neumann Goretti High School basketball gym, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
We are excited to join forces with a program possessing the quality and prominence of Neumann Goretti High School. As one of the winningest basketball programs in Philadelphia, each camper will learn what it takes to be successful in basketball and in life. Coach Arrigale has developed a winning culture at Neumann Goretti through hard work, discipline and setting high standards for each player. Coach Arrigale and his staff will create a similar atmosphere at camp.
- Superior instruction from high level players and coaches
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Use and demonstration of proven drills and concepts used by Neumann Goretti High School
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp yearbook and other great NIKE prizes
Coach Arrigale is now in his 14th year at the helm and has lead Neumann Goretti to national prominence. Under his guidance the program has become a high school basketball powerhouse in Philadelphia and on the national prep scene. Recently added to the PIAA Conference and eligible for State competition for the first time, his squads have won the title twice in three years. Arrigale has coached 19 Division I players to scholarships at the collegiate level, and has won over 300 games at Neumann Goretti. A national Nike Elite Coach, he had his best year as a program in 2010, while finishing 2nd nationally at the end of the year and concluding play with a 30-1 record.
Coach Taylor joins our camp staff as Co-Director boasting a stellar playing career which began at N-G under Coach Arrigale. Some of his playing highlights:
- Led Neumann-Goretti to its first championship
- South Philly Review Athlete of the Year
- Attended Rider University – 3 year starter
- Rider team captain as a Sophomore
- MAC Championship finalist
- Current Member of the UL Eagles (Ireland Professional League)
- Eagles played for the National Cup with an Irish league Championship
- MVP of the National Cup
- Two-time Player of the Month
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Camp meeting, discuss agenda for the day - Stretching/warm up
- 9:15 Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 10:30 Lecture/technique demonstrations
- 11:00 Games/contests/shooting
- 12:00 Lunch/games
- 1:00 Offensive sets discussion
- 1:15 Team practice
- 2:00 Offensive/defensive skill stations
- 2:45 Games
- 3:45 Concluding words
- 4:00 Departure
Camp Information and Notes:
- Camp hours are 9AM-4PM (Monday-Thursday); 9AM-12PM (Friday)
- Check-in : Monday, 8:30AM
- Check-out : Friday, 12PM; closing ceremony at 11:30AM
- Lunch is not included.