Nike Basketball Camp Piney Grove Middle School Cumming, Georgia
Piney Grove Middle School in Cumming, GA returns to our camp family this summer to host this Nike Basketball Camp. The Complete Skills camp will run from June 16-20, 2014.
The Complete Skills camp offers a challenging daily format of fundamental instruction, clinics, drills, and team games. Players will have the opportunity to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, and team play.
This camp will focus on individual skill improvement with our morning skill development stations and afternoon Cut Throat 3 on 3 league. Each camper will also play in one 5 on 5 game and participate in our Living by Numbers contests each day. This camp is a perfect way to prepare players for their school, church, recreation, or AAU season. All of our camps maintain a player to coach ratio of 8:1 and are staffed by high school and collegiate coaches as well as collegiate players.
- Three+ hours dedicated daily to individual skill development from the area's best coaches
- Unbeatable 8:1 player to coach ratio
- MyLivingByNumbers.com online training program - designed to chart athletic and skill development progres
- Exclusive, highly competitive 3on3 Cut Throat Tournaments and 5on5 play
- NIKE Skill Workbook with NBA players' signature moves, basketball lessons, training tips, plus an individual handwritten evaluation
- Official NIKE Camp T-Shirt, PowerBars, and other prizes!
Piney Grove Middle School is located in Cumming, GA, about 30 miles northeast of Atlanta off I-85. All of the facilities provide campers with ample room to enhance and develop their skills. With full length courts and 6 goals per gym, campers are always active. The daily format, which includes fundamental instruction, lectures, and team games will leave any young camper with renewed energy and enthusiasm for the game of basketball.Meet your coaching staff
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00- 9:10 Campers Arrive/Free Shoot
- 9:10-9:30 Stretch/Floor Length Open Up
- 9:30-11:00 Skill Development Work
- 11:10-11:40 Contests
- 11:40-12:20 5 on 5 League Games
- 12:20-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-1:40 Living By Numbers Individual Skill Development
- 1:40-2:20 Video/Speaker/Speed and Agility
- 2:20-3:00 3 on 3 League Games
- 3:00 Campers Depart
Session check-in: Monday, June 16th at 8:30AM
Session closing ceremony: Friday, June 20th at 11:30AM. Departure at 12PM.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.