Nike Basketball Camp San Antonio San Antonio, Texas
US Sports Camps and Nike Basketball Camps are thrilled to welcome back Terrence Jones of TJ's Ultimate Champs to the Nike Basketball Camp Family. As the Director of our Nike Basketball Camps in San Antonio, Texas, TJ brings incredible enthusiasm, experience and knowledge to our camp network. TJ will direct several weeks of camp this spring and summer for players ages 8-17. Nike Basketball Camp at St. Luke's Catholic Church will feature intense weekly programs tailored towards individual skill improvement and competition in a fun and encouraging environment.
Nike Basketball Camps are pleased to present the Ultimate Champions philosophy: In order to be successful there has to be a strong foundation. If a builder is building a house, he must have a strong foundation in order for the house to stand properly over time. Well, the same is for basketball. There must be a strong foundation in fundamentals for continuous individual improvement. In addition to an emphasis on skill development, camp will also aim to improve each players athleticism and explosiveness.
- Talented staff of coaches eager to teach and reinforce basketball fundamentals
- Wide range of skill development drills
- In-depth analysis of each player's conditioning and footwork
- Discussion of nutritional goals and off-court activities to benefit on-court game
- Official NIKE Camp T-shirt
- NIKE Camp workbook and other NIKE prizes
St. Luke's Catholic Church is located at 4603 Manitou, San Antonio, Texas 78228. St. Luke's has a brand new gym built in 2012 and is a great location to hold a basketball camp.Meet your coaching staff
Terrence (TJ) Jones
- Owner of Ultimate Champions Basketball Academy
- Currently trains NBA, College and High School players around the country
- Coached at the Division I level
- Played Professional Basketball in Italy, Germany, France and Mexico
- Played College Basketball at University of Texas at San Antonio
- Won the Conference Championship as a Junior.
- Ranked #4 in the state of Louisiana as a High School Senior
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all players are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. Players will be grouped by age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Stretching
- 9:15 Ball-Handling
- 9:45 One on One Moves
- 10:30 Defensive Work (stance, movement, communication, desire)
- 11:00 Shooting Work (foot alignment, shoulder alignment, balance, selection, technique)
- 11:30 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:15 Stretching/Warm-Up
- 1:30 Ball-Handling
- 2:00 Passing
- 2:30 Guest Speaker/lecture
- 3:00 Offensive & Defensive Fundamentals
- 3:20 Shooting Skills Competition
- 3:45 3 on 3, 4 on 4, 5 on 5
- 4:25 Ending Speech and Recognition
- 4:30 Dismissal