Nike Basketball Camp Vestavia Hills Vestavia Hills, Alabama
The NIKE Basketball Camp at Vestavia Hills HS in Vestavia Hills, AL will run May 27-30, 2014 and will be directed by Vestavia Hills Head Varsity Boys Coach George Hatchett, and Homewood Head Varsity Girls Coach Jovanka Ward
This camp will focus on individual skill development with our morning skill stations and afternoon 3 on 3 Cut Throat League. Each camper will also play in one 5 on 5 game and participate in our Living by Numbers contests each day. This summer camp is a perfect way to prepare for your school, church, rec or AAU season. Our camps maintain a player to coach ratio of 8:1 and is staffed by high school and collegiate coaches as well as college players
- 3+ hours dedicated daily to individual skill development from local high school, college and pro players/coaches
- Unbeatable 8:1 player to coach ratio
- MyLivingByNumbers.com online training program – designed to chart athletic and skill development progress
- Exclusive, highly competitive 3on3 Cut Throat Tournaments
- Organized 5on5 play to apply drills and coaching to a competitive format
- NIKE Skill Workbook with NBA Players Signature Moves, Basketball Lessons and Training Tips plus an individual handwritten evaluation
- NIKE shirt, PowerBars and other prizes!
Vestavia Hills HS is located in Vestavia Hills, AL on Lime Rock Road. Vestavia Hills is a convenient camp convenient camp location for anyone in the Birmingham, Bessemer, Hoover, Mountain Brook, Spain Park or Vestavia Hills areas.Meet your coaching staff
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on skill development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/Free Shoot
- 9:10 Stretch/Floor Length Open Up
- 9:30 Skill Development Work
- 11:00 Contests
- 11:10 5 on 5 League Games
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Living by Numbers Individual Skill Development
- 1:40 Video/Speaker/Speed and Agility
- 2:20 3 on 3 League Games
- 3:00 Campers Depart
Check-in Tuesday, May 27th at 8:30AM
Camp Hours are: TUE-FRI 9AM-3PM
Closing ceremony, Friday, May 30th at 2:30PM
Parents are invited to attend! Departure: 3PM Immediately following the closing ceremony.
All campers must eat breakfast at home. Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp.