More Important Camp Details
2017 Camp Sessions
Session I: June 12th-16th
Session II: July 31st-August 4th
Session III: August 7th-11th
All Campers Check-in: Monday at 8:30AM
Half Day Camp Hours: MON-FRI 9AM-12PM
Full Day Camp Hours: MON-TH 9AM-3PM FRI 9AM-2PM
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability. A closing ceremony will take place on the last day prior to check-out for full day campers. Parents are invited to attend the closing ceremony!
Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch or lunch money. We will also have a concession stand open for lunch and drink purchase.
Transportation is not provided by the camp to or from any airports. If you are flying to or from camp, we recommend using an airport shuttle service. Please schedule flights as close as you can to the check-in times on the first day and check-out times on the last day.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact numbers, and a checklist of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring. The US Sports Camps health and release forms do not require a doctor's signature and they will be collected on the first day of camp. The State of Massachusetts requires a copy of camp participants’ most recent physical and record of immunizations, shots, etc., in addition to the US Sports Camps health and release form.
We cannot offer scholarships due to NCAA regulations. Our affiliation with NCAA coaches and schools puts us in a position where any scholarship money can be seen as an inducement to a future collegiate athlete. This puts our coaches and our host universities in jeopardy of damaging their status with the NCAA and incurring penalties at the hands of their organizing body.
If five or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $20 discount. If 10 or more campers register together, each camper is eligible for a $40 discount. Teams can register online or via mail/fax.
- To register your team online: Please have a team contact reach out directly to the USSC office at 1-800-645-3226 to receive a discount code to identify your group. Campers may then register individually through the website at their convenience and apply the coupon code during check-out.
- To register your team via mail/fax: Click "Get Brochure" above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Derby Academy is located on Burditt Avenue in Hingham, Massachusetts, across from the harbor, and is accessible from both Route 3 and Route 3A. The Academy is well recognized as a leader in independent school education on the South Shore, located on a beautiful twenty-seven acre campus, adjacent to Broad Cove in Hingham, MA. The Derby Academy campus houses two gyms and campers will be broken up by age and ability. With over 12 baskets and 4 cross courts this gym is a great host for any camp or clinic. It is centrally located for the South Shore community.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 AM Stretch / Warm Up
- 9:15 AM Form Shooting
- 9:25 AM Dribble Series
- 9:45 AM Drill Stations
- 10:15 AM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 10:20 AM Full Court Drills / Partner Drills
- 10:35 AM 3 on 3 Games
- 11:10 AM Water Break / 10 Free Throws
- 11:20 AM Full Court Scrimmages
- 12:00 PM Lunch
- 12:30 PM 10 Free Throws / Free Shoot
- 12:45 PM Shooting Games
- 1:05 PM 1 on 1 Drills
- 1:20 PM 1 on 1 Games
- 1:55 PM Water Break / Free Shoot
- 2:00 PM Full Court Scrimmages
- 2:45 PM Camper of the day / Summary
- 2:55 PM Dismissal