Nike Boys Basketball Camp Alcoa High School Alcoa, Tennessee
Located just outside of Knoxville, Alcoa High School is one of the newest members of the Nike Basketball Camp family. Camp is directed by Elite Hoops Basketball Arkansas Director and former Alcoa Head Coach Micah Marsh, as well as current Alcoa HS Head Coach Joel Kirk.
This camp will focus on individual skill improvement with our morning skill stations and afternoon 3 on 3 league. Each camper will also play in one 5 on 5 game and participate in our Living by Numbers contests each day. This camp is a perfect way to prepare for your school, church, rec or AAU season. All camps maintain a player to coach ratio of 8:1 and are staffed by high school and collegiate coaches as well as collegiate players.
- Three + hours dedicated daily to individual skill development from the area's best coaches
- 8:1 Player to Coach Ratio
- MyLivingByNumbers.com online training program - designed to chart athletic and skill development progress
- Highly competitive 3on3 Cut Throat Tournaments and 5on5 play
- Nike Camp workbook and individual hand written evaluation
- Nike Camp T-Shirt and other great prizes
Alcoa High School is located in Alcoa, Tennesse at 532 Faraday St. ACH is a convenient camp location for anyone in Blount County including the Maryville, Alcoa, Louisville, Rockford, Townsend, and Friendsville areas.Meet your coaching staff
Micah Marsh joined Elite Hoops last summer to help co-direct the first NIKE camp in Little Rock, Arkansas. Micah Marsh is the coach of the varsity boys’ basketball team at Episcopal Collegiate School and teaches Upper and Middle School physical education.Read Full Bio
Coach Marsh came to Episcopal from Alcoa High School in Alcoa, Tennessee where he spent the last nine years leading a very successful program. Micah was named the 2007 east TN coach of the year. Prior to coaching at Alcoa, Micah was an assistant coach at Arkansas State University.
Micah holds a B.S. and M.S. from Arkansas State University and an M.Ed. from Lincoln Memorial University. While at Arkansas State, he played basketball and was named to the Sun Belt All-Conference Team and the Academic All-American Team. Micah and his wife Ashley have three daughters who will be attending the Lower School.
Marsh played college ball at Arkansas State University from 1994-1998. As a four-year starter he finished his career as the all-time leading 3pt shooter and finished in the top ten in scoring, assists, steals, and free throw percentage.
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more!
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00-9:10 Campers Arrive/Free Shoot
- 9:10-9:30 Stretch/Floor Length Open up
- 9:30-11:00 Skill Development Stations
- 11:10-11:40 Contests
- 11:40-12:20 5-on-5 Games
- 12:20-1:00 Lunch
- 1:00-1:40 Living by Numbers Stations
- 1:40-2:20 Video/Speaker/Speed & Agility
- 2:20-3:00 3-on-3 Games
- 3:00 Campers Depart
Camp Information and Notes:
- Hours are 9AM-3PM (Monday-Thursday) and 9AM-12PM (Friday)
- Check-in: Monday, 8:30AM. All other days, campers can be dropped off prior to 9AM.
- Check-out: Friday, 12PM; with a closing ceremony at 11:30AM.
- Lunch is not included. Please bring your own lunch.