Nike Boys Basketball Camp Francis Parker School San Diego, California
The Francis Parker School joins the Nike Sports Camps family for this week of basketball instruction this summer. Our program is directed by Tyler Bernardini and Jim Tomey.
Our Nike Basketball Camp offers a challenging and fun week of complete skills camp for boys looking to improve their skills. Camp will focus on all aspects of being a complete basketball player: dribbling, shooting, passing, defending, rebounding, communicating and hustling!
- Superior Instruction
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Fundamental instruction, lectures, and team games
- Official Nike Camp T-shirt
- Nike Camp workbook and other great prizes
Founded in 1912, Francis Parker School is San Diego's oldest and largest independent, non-denominational, co-educational day school. A college preparatory school committed to sustaining a diverse, family-oriented educational community, Francis Parker School remains true to its founding principle of meeting the needs of the individual student.Meet your coaching staff
Tyler begins his second season at Francis Parker as an assistant coach under his former high school coach, Jim Tomey. He currently runs a Sports Performance training business, Elite Training Group (ETG), which focuses on overall sports performance training and specializes in basketball skills development.Read Full Bio
Before he started his coaching career, he graduated from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania with a degree in Client Strategies in Global Markets as well as Business Law. He also obtained a minor in Philosophy. He started for 4 years at the University of Pennsylvania accumulating numerous honors and records.
Raised in Carlsbad he attended Francis Parker High school where he led the team to a Coastal League Championship and a school best 28 - 4. He was 1st Team All-State in CA. He then started for four year at the University of Pennsylvania where in his senior year led his team to a 20+ win season. He finished his career in Serie A of the Italian League as a member of Cantu.
- Top 10 All-Time in scoring (University of Pennsylvania)
- Top 10 All-Time three-point FG made (University of Pennsylvania)
- Top 10 All-Time in steals (University of Pennsylvania)
- Ivy League Rookie of the Year
- Philadelphia Big 5 Rookie of the Year
- All Ivy League (2007-2008)
- 1st Team California All-State (2007)
- McDonalds All-American Nominee (2007)
- Southern California Student Athlete of the Year (2007)
- 1st Team San Diego Section (2007)
- Coastal South Player of the Year (2007)
- San Diego All Star Game MVP (2007)
Coach Tomey begins his 27th season of coaching basketball in San Diego County. Francis Parker is Coach Tomey's third stop in the past 26 years. 14 years were spent coaching at the University of San Diego High School, where at the end of his tenure, Coach Tomey was inducted into the San Diego County Hall of Champions as a high school coaching legend.Read Full Bio
The USDHS boys’ basketball team won 7 CIF titles and 1 state championship in 10 years under Coach Tomey's leadership. He is one of five coaches in San Diego's long history to have won a State Title in boy’s basketball. Coach Tomey also spent three years as an assistant to Steve Fisher at San Diego State University, where he helped lead the Aztecs into the NCAA Tournament in 2003. Tomey then moved on to coach the Aztec Women as their head coach for three seasons before leaving for Parker in 2006.
In Coach Tomey's seven seasons as Parker's Head Coach, he has led our boys to a 138-62 overall record. The highlights have included leading Parker to the CIF San Diego Section finals six times, including a Championship in 2010. The Lancers have won back to back Coastal League Championships in 2010 and 2011. Coach Tomey has led Parker to two Southern California Regional Championship games in 2007 and 2010.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00AM Campers Arrive; Warmups/Stretching and Conditioning
- 9:15 Instructional Stations
- 10:30 Lecture
- 11:00 Team Practices/Games/Contests
- 12:00 Lunch/Rest
- 1:00 Team Practices/Games
- 2:45 Camp closing comments
- 3:00PM Campers depart