Nike Girls Basketball Camp Fort Myers High School Fort Myers, Florida
US Sports Camps is proud to welcome Fort Myers High School to our family of camps. This complete skills girls camp is the ideal place to get better this summer. Camp is led by FMHS Head Girls Varsity Coach Ron Riis.
The Complete Skills Camp offers a challenging daily format of fundamental instruction, clinics, drills, and team games. Players will have the opportunity to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
- Superior Instruction
- Daily emphasis on fundamental development, team play, and more
- Official Nike Camp T-shirt
- Nike Camp workbook and other great prizes
Fort Myers Senior High School, also known as "FMHS" is a public school in Fort Myers, Florida. FHMS is one of the oldest schools in the state of Florida, and the oldest in Lee County.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Riis is the Head Varsity Girl's Basketball Coach at FMHS and joins our staff for the first time in 2014. He brings a vast array of basketball experience and success to camp.Read Full Bio
- 25 years of basketball coaching experience
- Boys assistant varsity head junior varsity basketball coach at Fort Myers High School 1997-99
- Girls assistant varsity head junior varsity basketball coach at Fort Myers High School 2000-2009
- Girls assistant varsity head junior varsity basketball coach at Fort Myers High School 2011-2012
- Girls varsity head coach at Fort Myers High School 2012-present
- Class 6A FACA District 11 Coach of the Year 2013
- Class 7A FACA District 11 Coach of the Year 2014
- District Champions 2013 and 2014
- Regional Semi-finalist 2013
- Regional Finalist 2014
- Varsity record 48-13
Francesca Melione attended Immaculate Heart Academy in New Jersey where she then received a full scholarship to play at the collegiate level at Dominican College in New York. Before moving to the sunshine state, Francesca trained and coached a variety of players and travel teams in New Jersey. Currently Francesca is the Assistant Varsity Coach and the Head JV Girls Basketball Coach at FMHS where she finished her second season with a record of 20-0.
Complete Skills: This program is intended to help players develop athletically. The individual camp is a great opportunity for young basketball players looking to develop and refine their fundamental basketball skills. This program also includes a curriculum for intermediate/ advanced players looking to enhance their skill set at the post, wing, or guard position. Emphasis is placed on fundamental development, shooting, offensive moves, defense, rebounding, team play, and more.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. In addition, campers will be evaluated and then split up into smaller groups according to age and ability.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/Stretch/Attendance
- 9:15 Individual Stations - Offense
- 10:15 Team Practices/3-on-3 Games
- 11:00 Full Court Games/League
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Camp Contests
- 2:00 Individual Stations - Defense
- 3:00 Full Court Games/League
- 4:00 Campers Depart