Professional Sports Basketball Camp Caldwell College Caldwell, New Jersey
After 65 years Professional Sports Basketball Camps are still dedicated to bringing campers the very best in basketball instruction.
Directing the camp is Ken Webb. Coach Webb was an All American at Fairleigh Dickinson and was then drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He was a professional basketball player in Europe for 16 years and currently is a professional coach in Denmark.
International Campers Welcome!
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by Clicking Here. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Basektball Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
- LECTURES - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game. Remember it is through the proper execution of fundamentals that you will become a good basketball player.
- DRILLS - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- STATIONS - When performing stations, campers will be broken down to no more than 10-15 campers per basket. At each basket is one or more of our professional coaches. Each station will last approximately 20 minutes. During this time a specific aspect of the game will be covered, for example, rebounding, dribbling, foul shooting, etc.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GAMES - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him/her what he/she did wrong and how to do it right. It’s another way of instructing our campers, and leaves them more knowledgeable and improved in their skills.
- INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS - Our camp is known for offering that personal touch and giving the individual attention some campers may need to truly learn and understand the game more thoroughly. Staff is always available, on or off the court, to help campers improve their skills.
- TEACH TO UNDERSTAND - We want every camper to understand the reasoning behind the methods we use. It is for this reason that our coaches take the time to explain the reasoning behind why you execute a certain way.If campers can understand the methods, they are more likely to comprehend and remember them after leaving camp.
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell College in June 2002.. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the College Bookstore.Meet your coaching staff
Ken Webb, Head basketball instructor at the Professional Sports Basketball Camp was an All-American at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and was drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He played professional basketball in Europe for 15 years and has coached professional basketball teams for the past 15 years. Currently Coach Web is coaching a professional basketball team in Denmark. Ken has been with the Professional Sports Basketball Camp for the past 18 years.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching/Exercise
- 9:15 a.m. Instructional Session
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Drills/Games
- 3:30 p.m. Recreational Free Time
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:45 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Game Play/Drills
- 8:30 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:00 p.m. Games, Rec Room, Contests
- 10:00 p.m. Room Check/Lights Out
Includes all basketball and night activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Wednesday, and lunch on Thursday. Extended day campers will be picked up at 9:00pm. Sunday-Wednesday and 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.
Includes all basketball and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to lunch on Thursday, and double room occupancy in the dorms. Overnight campers will depart at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday.