Professional Sports Basketball Camp Caldwell University
Average Rating 5.00 / 5
Improve your game and have serious fun
at Nike Basketball Camps
For over 65 years Professional Sports Basketball Camps are still dedicated to bringing campers the very best in basketball instruction.
Directing the camp is Ken Webb. Coach Webb was an All American at Fairleigh Dickinson and was then drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He was a professional basketball player in Europe for 16 years and currently is a professional coach in Norway.
International Campers Welcome!
International campers seeking a Sport and Language program can find a list of camp sessions and a detailed description of our new programs by Clicking Here. International campers seeking a Sport Only program, a multi-week sport camp experience, can easily combine any of our individual Basektball Camp sessions together with a weekend stay over to create the right camp program to fit your needs!
- LECTURES - Lectures are given on the fundamentals of the game. Remember it is through the proper execution of fundamentals that you will become a good basketball player.
- DRILLS - Drills are used to teach campers the skills necessary to succeed and the notion of teamwork.
- STATIONS - When performing stations, campers will be broken down to no more than 10-15 campers per basket. At each basket is one or more of our professional coaches. Each station will last approximately 20 minutes. During this time a specific aspect of the game will be covered, for example, rebounding, dribbling, foul shooting, etc.
- INSTRUCTIONAL GAMES - We want every moment of the week to be a learning experience for every camper. It is for this reason that during games, if a camper makes a mistake or does not execute properly, one of our coaches will show him/her what he/she did wrong and how to do it right. It’s another way of instructing our campers, and leaves them more knowledgeable and improved in their skills.
- INDIVIDUAL INSTRUCTIONS - Our camp is known for offering that personal touch and giving the individual attention some campers may need to truly learn and understand the game more thoroughly. Staff is always available, on or off the court, to help campers improve their skills.
- TEACH TO UNDERSTAND - We want every camper to understand the reasoning behind the methods we use. It is for this reason that our coaches take the time to explain the reasoning behind why you execute a certain way.If campers can understand the methods, they are more likely to comprehend and remember them after leaving camp.
- View More Details ⟩
Camp Director Vincent Carlesi
President and Director of Operations, Vincent Carlesi personally sees to it that your stay at Caldwell College is first class. From the moment you inquire about attending until you leave our facility to return home, Vinny is making sure you get what you need.View Vincent Carlesi's Bio ⟩
A former professional baseball player with the Pittsburgh Pirates and major league scout with the New York Yankees, Vinny knows what coaches and players expect and deserve and he doesn't dissapoint. For over 35 years he has been involved with camps and has developed the Caldwell College Basketball Camp into the premier site for players and teams.
Camp Director Ken Webb
Ken Webb, Head Basketball coach at the Professional Sports Basketball Camp at Caldwell University, was an All-American at Fairleigh Dickinson University, and was drafted by the New Jersey Nets. He played professional basketball in Europe for 12 years (Venezuela, Qatar and Portugal); 16 season as head coach in Europe (Portugal, Denmark, Iceland and Norway.)View Ken Webb's Bio ⟩
Ken has been the head coach for the Professional Sports Basketball Camp for the past 26 years and looks forward to helping you take your game to the next level.
Professional Sports Basketball Camps operate with the same principles that have made us successful for the past 64 years: 1) hire a qualified, professional, and experienced staff of knowledgeable basketball coaches, 2) work hard to help every camper improve his/her skills, 3) offer the personal touch that enables each and every camper to enjoy his/her stay, and 4) stay committed to the youth of America as a person, as well as, an athlete.
Experience is very important when choosing a camp for your child. You will not find a basketball camp with more experience than the Professional Basketball Camp. Rest assured we will do all we can to make sure each and every camper has both a beneficial and enjoyable stay at our camp.Show Less See More Camp Details
Check-in takes place on Sunday between 12:00-2:00 p.m. at Mother Joseph Hall.
Camp concludes Thursday at 4:00 p.m. at Mother Joseph Hall.
Includes all basketball activities, dinner on Sunday, and lunch Monday-Thursday. Day campers will be picked up at 9:00 p.m. on Sunday and at 4:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
EXTENDED DAY CAMP
Includes all basketball and night activities, dinner on Sunday, lunch and dinner Monday-Wednesday, and lunch on Thursday. Extended day campers will be picked up at 9:00pm Sunday-Wednesday and 4:00pm on Thursday.
Includes all basketball and night activities, all meals from dinner on Sunday to lunch on Thursday, and double room occupancy in the dorms. Overnight campers will depart at 4:00pm on Thursday.
Overnight campers who stay for two weeks or longer have the option of either returning home for the weekend or staying over the weekend at the camp. In the event campers choose to go home on the weekend there is no charge. Those campers who choose to stay will be charged $450 per weekend. This cost will cover lodging, all meals, admission to a movie on Thursday evening, and admission to different attractions on Fridays and Saturdays.
If it is necessary for a camper to arrive a day early, or stay a day later for any reason, the charges will be as follows: Lodging $45 per night, Breakfast $5, Lunch $8, and Dinner $11.
LENGTH OF STAY
Campers stay for a minimum of 1 week or as many as desired (2,3,4,etc.).
INTERNATIONAL/ TRAVELING CAMPERS
For information on airport travel (JFK and Newark), supplemental health insurance, renting bed linnens and other traveling questions, please reach out to our International department at 1-800-645-3226 or email at email@example.com
Camp Code: PSBKCC
Professional Sports Camps are owned and operated by Professional Sports Camps LLC which is a limited liability company formed under the laws of the State of Nevada.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00 a.m. Wake Up
- 7:30 a.m. Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. Extended Day/Day Campers Arrive
- 9:00 a.m. Stretching/Exercise
- 9:15 a.m. Instructional Session
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. Drills/Games
- 3:30 p.m. Recreational Free Time
- 4:00 p.m. Day Campers Depart
- 4:45 p.m. Dinner
- 6:00 p.m. Game Play/Drills
- 8:30 p.m. Extended Day Campers Depart
- 9:00 p.m. Games, Rec Room, Contests
- 10:00 p.m. Room Check/Lights Out
Located in the picturesque town of Caldwell, New Jersey, Caldwell was recently voted the third best place to live in all of New Jersey by New Jersey Monthly Magazine.
Campers train at the George R. Newman Center which officially opened on the campus of Caldwell University in June 2002. This 60,000 square-foot, state-of-the-art facility will be home to the offices of the Department of Athletics and features a 1,600 seat basketball arena, a fitness center with all the health club amenities, team and general locker rooms, aerobic room, a suspended track, meeting and game rooms and the University Bookstore.
Camp ReviewsSubmit a review
It was a wonderful experience and everyone was very nice, caring and helpful. I made many friends and it is very nice to meet people from all over NJ, US and Europe. I can't wait to go back next year.
— Overnight Camper
My son was completely satisfied with the instruction
My son was extremely happy with the camp - In fact we can't get him to stop talking about this experience. He was completely satisfied with the instruction.
Focused on individual development skills
Enjoyed working on all the general skills exercises. I liked that it focused on individual development skills.
— Day Camper
My son didn't want to leave!
My son didn't want to leave! He loved it and worked through the pain. I wish I can get him to do the same with his French class.
I enjoyed it so much that I am looking forward to attending next year
This was my first time attending and I loved it. I not only learned different drills I met so many people from different parts of the world and made many friends. The coaches and staff were very nice. I enjoyed it so much that I am looking forward to attending next year. Thanks for making it so much fun.
— Overnight Camper
All the coaches were very nice
All of the coaches were nice and took to the time to answer question not only of the campers but the parents as well. My daughter had a blast and will likely attend a future Nike camp. .
Camp Dates & Prices
This program has concluded for the season.
Please Join our email list to be notified when this program is available for registration.