Nike Field Hockey Camp at Suffield Academy Suffield, Connecticut
Nike Field Hockey Camps is proud to announce a camp at Suffield Academy this summer.
The Suffield Academy camp is a camp for players age 10 to18 and will focus on basic and advanced skills, position play, field hockey fundamentals and team strategy. This high tempo skills camp provides technical teaching and “new” skill development, in a fun yet competitive environment. Participants will experience a combination of skill development and game play situations in an intensive format with multiple repetition.
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches as well as former or current collegiate athletes
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- High tempo environment that is fun and engaging
- Concentrated focus on fundamentals and technique
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Special goalkeeping instruction is a camp specialty
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- STX sticks are awarded as prizes
2013 CAMP INFORMATION (2014 coming soon)
The NIKE Field Hockey Camp at Suffield Academy provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on first and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Field Hockey Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes and goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment
Facility: Campers train on turf fields.
Campers Per Room: 2
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: No, campers can bring a fan
Key Deposit: $25
Spending Money: $40
Transportation: Not provided, campers must arrange own transportation.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast (overnight campers only)
- 8:45 Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:15 Tempo Skills (ball handling, skills at pace)
- 11:45 Lunch
- 1:15 Team oriented tempo training (small game scenarios)
- 5:00 Dinner
- 6:30 Game play
- 9:00 Extended day campers depart
- 10:00 Lights out
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount. Discount does not apply to team only camps.Read camper reviews