Nike Field Hockey Camp at Suffield Academy Suffield, Connecticut
Nike Field Hockey Camps is proud to announce a camp at Suffield Academy this summer.
The Suffield Academy camp is a camp for players age 10 to18 and will focus on basic and advanced skills, position play, field hockey fundamentals and team strategy. This high tempo skills camp provides technical teaching and “new” skill development, in a fun yet competitive environment. Participants will experience a combination of skill development and game play situations in an intensive format with multiple repetition.
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches as well as former or current collegiate athletes
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- High tempo environment that is fun and engaging
- Concentrated focus on fundamentals and technique
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Special goalkeeping instruction is a camp specialty
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- STX sticks are awarded as prizes
Ritika Bowry, formerly coached at Duke University, Boston University and Babson College. Bowry was founder and co-director of the outstanding Blue Dog Sports Field Hockey Camps. While playing for Duke University, Coach Bowry was named Regioanl All-American goalkeeper from ‘88-’91, served as ‘91 team captain, and played as the USFHA “A” Camp goalkeeper in the National Team Trials ‘90-’91.
Camp Code: FHGRSF
The NIKE Field Hockey Camp at Suffield Academy provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on first and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast (overnight campers only)
- 8:45 Extended Day Campers arrive
- 9:15 Tempo Skills (ball handling, skills at pace)
- 11:45 Lunch
- 1:15 Team oriented tempo training (small game scenarios)
- 5:00 Dinner
- 6:30 Game play
- 9:00 Extended day campers depart
- 10:00 Lights out