Nike Field Hockey Camp at the Williston Northampton School Easthampton, Massachusetts
The Nike Field Hockey Camp with Williams College Head Field Hockey Coach, Alix Barrale, will take place at the Williston Northampton School this summer. The fields at Williams College are being redone and will be ready for camp in 2015.
This is an all skills camp that focuses on skill development. Field hockey drills and team play reflect the latest instructional techniques and challenge all players from beginner to advanced levels.
Instructional highlights include offensive and defensive skills, game situations and small game strategies. Campers are trained individually in all of the major fundamental areas of the game: hitting, 1v1 elimination skills, passing, scoring and defensive skills. Camp is open to individuals and teams. Players are grouped appropriately by age and ability. Teams train together.
- Minimum of six hours of instruction daily
- Instruction from prominent college and high school coaches as well as former or current collegiate athletes
- Partner Camp and sanctioned to make referrals to the US Field Hockey Futures program
- 10:1 Camper to Staff ratio
- Special goalkeeping instruction
- Personal evaluations from your coach
- Reversible jersey, STX water bottle and STX ball
- STX sticks are awarded as prizes
The Williston Northampton School is in Easthampton, MA, about 60 miles from Williams College. Campers will train on Sawyer Field, which was renovated in 2005 with a synthetic turf field.
Williams College is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of the Nike Field Hockey Camp.
Williams College is also hosting a Nike Lacrosse Camp this summer at Williston Northampton. For more information, click on the link.Meet your coaching staff
- Williams College head field hockey coach
- 13 year record of 128-76 overall and seven NCAA Tournaments
- In her 13 years at Williams, she has produced 17 All-Americans, three in 2005 alone
- 2004, 2002, and 2001 NESCAC Champions
- Six straight NCAA appearances
- 2004 and 2001 NESCAC Coach of the Year
- 2002 Dita/NFCHA New England Coach of the Year
- 2002 coached two players named All-American by NFHCA
- Past Williams All-American
- Former Williams College field hockey coach carrying the all-time record 210-56-9
- Won two ECAC New England titles
- Developed 11 All-American players
- Made four NCAA appearances
- As a player was a bronze medallist with the U.S. Olympic Field Hockey team at the 1984 Olympic Games
2014 CAMP INFORMATION
The NIKE Field Hockey camp at The Williston Northampton School provides campers with top quality instruction plus:
Overnight campers: Dormitory housing on campus and all meals are provided.
Extended Day campers (9am-9pm - except on ﬁrst and last day): Lunch and dinner are provided.
24-hour supervision is an important feature of every NIKE Field Hockey Camp. Staff members reside in campers’ quarters and participate in all activities.
*Please note, this information is subject to change.
Check-in: between 2:00-3:00pm on the first day of camp
Check-out: Graduation is at 11:00am on the last day
Players Grouped by: skill, age, years of experience
Evaluation: Written by coaching staff
Equipment Needed: hockey stick, water bottle, mouth guard, shin guards, court and turf shoes and goalies must bring full goalie protective equipment
Facility: Campers train on turf fields.
Campers Per Room: 2
Roommates: guaranteed if requested 14 days prior to camp
Linens: Not provided
Air Conditioning: no, fan recommended
Key Deposit: $25
Spending Money: $40
Medical Facility: 2 athletic trainers are on-site and a doctor is on-call for emergencies
Transportation: Not provided, campers must arrange own transportation.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30 Breakfast
- 8:30-11:30 Morning training session- technical
- 12:00 Lunch
- 1:00 Rest
- 2:00-4:00 Afternoon training session
- 4:15-5:15 Swimming
- 5:15 Dinner
- 6:00-8:00 Evening training session- scrimmages
- 8:00-9:30 Evening activities
- 10:30 Lights out
Team Discount: If eight or more campers register together, as a group by mail or fax, each camper will receive a $30 discount. Click “Get Brochure” above and print the application. All applications must be received at the same time via mail or fax. If all members of your group pay with a Visa or MasterCard, feel free to fax your applications to 415-479-6061 to expedite processing. Late or individual registrations are not eligible to receive the group discount. Discount does not apply to team only camps.Read camper reviews