Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Long Island Hauppage, New York
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Entering its eighth year with Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Club is excited to offer another challenging and competitive camp for highly motivated junior golfers looking to elevate their golf game.
The atmosphere is competitive and the focus is placed squarely on improvement. All aspects of golf, both mental and physical, are addressed. Our practice facilities are superb and we have one of the best golf staffs leading the camp to provide every camper with an unforgettable learning experience. Campers reside at the Wind Watch Hyatt Hotel just steps away from the Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Course. Throughout the week, Nike camp participants play both the Hamlet Wind Watch and Hamlet Willow Creek courses under the instruction and supervision of the staff.
- Small group Instruction from nationally recognized PGA professionals
- 18 holes daily on the golf course with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- Round-table discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf
- Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Club
The Hamlet Wind Watch Golf & Country Club course is a uniquely designed test that challenges golfers of all skill levels. The course rewards accuracy with a wide variety of elevations and hazards uncommon on Long Island. Truly one of Long Island's most outstanding driving range and short game facilities, it's the perfect place to hone your game. We offer you the opportunity to take aim at five real target greens with three greens in play from our exceptional Short Game Facility. To practice your work around the green, spend some time in our special bunker, chipping area or four practice greens. There are mats as well as natural grass to hit from, making it one of the only public natural ranges on Long Island.Meet your coaching staff
John is a class “A” member of the PGA of America and a certified TPI instructor. An accomplished instructor and player, he takes pride in his eclectic methods of instruction. Focusing on forming a solid foundation rooted in “the basics” (grip, stance, posture, and alignment) and golf biomechanics, he will teach you to swing the club free of tension, so it feels effortless. His approach takes into account that everyone is made differently, both physically and mentally, so his teaching approach is different from student to student. He will make you understand not just how, but why we do the things we do (cause and effect relationships).
Other PGA professionals will be assisting John Forster during the camp week.
Nike Advanced Golf Schools are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life. Campers are highly encouraged to attend these sessions with questions as the seminars are designed to be interactive and conversational in nature.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Daily discussion at practice facility and skills demonstrations from staff covering each facet of the game
- 8:30am Instruction - station rotation working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch, relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play with staff (18 holes). Tournament setting with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- 6:00pm Dinner, relax, free-time
- 7:00pm Evening session – roundtable discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf. Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- 10:00pm Lights out
- The Overnight camp fee includes golf instruction, green fees, housing and all meals. Does not include extra spending money.
- The Extended Day fee includes all the above except lodging and breakfast.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.