Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Mississippi State University Starkville, Mississippi
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
US Sports Camps is proud to offer Nike Advanced Golf Schools at Mississippi State University for its sixth consecutive year during the summer of 2013. Join Director of the MSU Institute of Golf, Tony Luczak, and his passionate staff for a week of intense training and challenging course play.
The atmosphere is competitive and the focus is placed squarely on improvement. All aspects of golf, both mental and physical, are addressed. Our practice facilities are superb and we have one of the best golf staffs leading the camp to provide every camper with an unforgettable learning experience.
Nike Advanced Golf Schools at Mississippi State also offer an all abilities program. To learn more about this camp please CLICK HERE.
- Instruction from experienced college coaches and current/former college players
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio of approximately 4:1
- 18 holes daily at the MSU golf course with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- Round-table discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf
- Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
Mississippi State University Golf Course
Designed by renowned golf course architect Brian Ault in 1986, the MSU Golf Course clearly separates itself as the best public golf course in the Golden Triangle. Home to the MSU golf team, guests can practice right beside team members on the course's driving range, putting green and short game practice facility. The course also serves as the official golf facility of the MSU College of Business and Industry's Professional Golf Management Program (PGM). In 1996, Golf Digest listed the University Golf Course as the fifth-best public course in the state of Mississippi. Golf Digest called the University Golf Course the "best college course in the South," adding it was "challenging, but fair" with a "fun, walkable layout."Meet your coaching staff
A 1990 MSU graduate and PGA member since 1992, Tony Luczak previously owned and managed a national golf academy in Clifton Park, N.Y. Luczak has been honored with the Northeastern New York PGA Teacher of the Year Award and the "Top Instructors" recognition of both Golf Magazine and Golf Digest. In 2008 Tony Luczak launched the Mississippi State Institute of Golf which houses an indoor teaching studio and research lab. The Vector Launch Monitor, Body Motion System by iClub and the Callaway OptiFit Driver Fitting System are just some of the analysis equipment used in the Institute for university research and the MSU Golf Academy.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
Nike Advanced Golf Schools are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life. Campers are highly encouraged to attend these sessions with questions as the seminars are designed to be interactive and conversational in nature.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Daily discussion at practice facility and skills demonstrations from staff covering each facet of the game
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - station rotation, putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch, relaxation
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play with staff (18 holes). Tournament setting with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, relaxation
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening session – roundtable discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf. Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- 10:00pm Lights out
- The Overnight camp fee includes golf instruction, green fees, housing and all meals. Does not include extra spending money.
- The Extended Day fee includes all the above except lodging and breakfast.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.