Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Mount Snow Resort Mt. Snow, Vermont
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Advanced Golf Schools and The Original Golf School at Mount Snow team up once again to offer up one week of golf at the beautiful Mount Snow Resort in 2014. Championship golf, great accommodations, and expert instruction from one of the most respected professionals in New England make the Nike Advanced Golf School at Mount Snow an unforgettable experience.
The atmosphere is golf-intensive and the focus is placed squarely on improvement. All aspects of golf, both mental and physical, are addressed. Our collection of venues is superb and we have arguably the best group of school directors in junior golf today.
Mount Snow also offers a Junior Overnight Camp for all abilities. To learn more about this camp please CLICK HERE.
- Instruction from nationally recognized teaching professionals
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio of approximately 4:1
- Daily course play with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play
- Evening discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf
- Each participant will take home a personalized dvd, a golf school instructional book and a copy of Jay Morelli's latest book, "Secrets of the Short Game"
- Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
Mount Snow Golf Club
Mount Snow Golf Club, conveniently located in Southern Vermont only two hours from Boston and four hours from New York City, is the golf instruction capital of New England. Designed by Geoffrey Cornish to take full advantage of majestic mountain scenery and wooded terrain, this 18-hole championship course has been rated one of the top five in Vermont by Golf Digest and one of the top ten in the country by Ski Magazine. Travel Weekly called Mount Snow’s signature 4th hole one of North America’s 100 most scenic holes.Meet your coaching staff
Participants in the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Mount Snow practice and play under the direction of Jay Morelli and members of his Orignal Golf School at Mount Snow teaching staff. A former New England PGA Teacher of the Year and winner of the New England PGA Bill Strasbaugh Award, Jay was named the 2003 Professional of the Year by the Vermont PGA. He has also been recognized by Golf Digest as among the best teachers in the state of Vermont, and by Golf Magazine as one of the top teachers in New England.
Nike Advanced Schools are golf-intensive and create the ideal environment for the advanced player ready to take their game to the next level. The Advanced School seminars provide the aspiring junior golfer the opportunity to receive information about tournament preparation and college golf recruitment and success. Campers will hear first hand accounts of how members of our staff established themselves throughout various stages of their development. The importance of goal setting, time management, and hard work will be stressed as these are key elements to attaining success in golf and life. Campers are highly encouraged to attend these sessions with questions as the seminars are designed to be interactive and conversational in nature. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Campers stay two per room in resort accommodations at Mountaineer Inn and have access to the Inn's amenities.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in will take place on Sunday from 1:00 - 2:30 pm at Mountaineer Inn. The graduation ceremony will take place on Thursday at the Mount Snow Golf Club at approximately 4:00 pm.
Mount Snow Vacation Services can arrange air/train packages to camp. The Camper will incur the cost of such transportation and will be responsible for arranging for taxi or shuttle service to Mount Snow Golf Club for check-in. 1-800-245-SNOW or email email@example.com.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A registration packet will be e-mailed to campers with contact info and further details.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Daily discussion at practice facility and skills demonstrations from staff covering each facet of the game
- 8:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch/relaxation
- 1:00pm Course play with staff - Tournament setting with focus on improving all aspects of competitive play including course management, club/shot selection, mental toughness and much more
- 6:00pm Dinner, relax, free-time
- 8:00pm Evening session - roundtable discussions on tournament preparation, club-fitting, practice routines, opportunities for college golf. Guest speakers, topics to include sports psychology, mental toughness, fitness and nutrition
- 10:00pm Lights out