Nike Golf Camps, RK Academy Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
US Sports Camps proudly presents the Nike Golf Camps, RK Academy hosted at the Lawrenceville School in Lawrenceville, New Jersey. The RK Day Camps have become the most popular golf day camps in the entire state of New Jersey. The Lawrenceville School, one of the finest prep schools in the country, is located just four miles south of Princeton University.
The primary emphasis during the RK Golf Academy Day Camps is the development of fundamental skills through group and individual instruction. Coach Kane and his staff create an environment that is conducive to learning by balancing instruction, competition and fun for all campers. Each day is devoted to different aspects of the game. Woods, long irons, short irons, sand play, putting and specialty shots are covered during each session. RK Golf Academy methods of teaching are based on sound principles that have been simplified to help campers quickly grasp the mechanics of the golf swing.
Our Day Camps run from 9am-3pm. Ronnie offers overnight programs at Lawrenceville School in addition to his day camps. For information on these programs, please CLICK HERE.
- Three hours of practice with Ronnie Kane and his staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Instruction from recognized and dedicated golf professionals
- Daily course play with staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
USGTA Golf Professional and Lawrenceville faculty member, Ronnie Kane, enters his 15th summer as Nike Golf Camp Director. A former three sport athlete and graduate of Franklin Marshall College, Coach Kane is head basketball coach and director of golf at the Lawrenceville School. Ronnie’s positive personality and passion for golf are big reasons his camps are so successful. Coach Kane rounds out his staff with other golf professionals and collegiate players.
RK Golf Academy Day Camps (ages 8-15) run daily from 8:45 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (last day of camp ends at 1:00 p.m.). Campers can bring their own lunch or purchase lunch in the nearby village of Lawrenceville. Refreshments are provided.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Arrive, stretch, loosen-up
- 9:00am Group Instruction - putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full swing practice
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Individual instruction - campers get one-on-one time with staff to work on specific technique
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00pm Course play with staff focusing on shot selection, strategy, course management and rules
- 2:50pm Review, wrap-up
- 3:00pm Depart
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.