Nike Golf Camps, Curry College Milton, Massachusetts
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps at Curry College are part of the MB Sports Camp family (tennis, soccer, lacrosse and softball). MB Sports Camps at Curry College offer the finest facilities, staff, program, and a superior instructional method that will bring your golf game to another level.
Coined by a camper as “the everything camp,” MBSC provides its own unique teaching method that effectively covers every aspect of the game, offers a variety of fun off-course activities, and attracts campers from all over the world. Campers from all sports are housed together and participate in activities as a whole.
The Extended Day program runs from 9:00am-9:00pm. The Day Camp option runs from 9:00am-4:00pm.
- Small group instruction by PGA professionals and players with a low student/teacher ratio
- Daily course play with staff (9-18 holes) focusing on course management, shot/club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course activities including include golf seminars, 'movie and pizza' night, swimming, guest speakers and more
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Curry College take golfers to local area courses for course play. Daily instruction will take place at Pine Oaks Country Club. Other courses in the rotation will include Ridder Farm Golf Club, White Pines GC, Old Scotland Links and Riverbend CC. We also take our campers to a state-of-the-art golf range facility. Unlimited golf balls for instruction, lecture rooms, golf movies, and other innovative golf teaching devices will be available to all campers.Meet your coaching staff
Having been introduced to the game of golf at the age of ten, Phill quickly ascended through the junior ranks at his home club in the U.K. This notoriety caught the attention of local colleges, and subsequently Phill received a place on the golf Roster at The Bristol Academy of Sport College, Whilst studying Sports Performance and exercise sciences (topics ranging from biomechanics, nutrition to psychology ), Phill maintained his first team position for the duration of his time at the college. Having completed his studies Phill attained an assistant professional position at The Bristol Golf Club at St. Swithins Park. Phill held this position for five years, before deciding to return to college and undertake a business degree. It was during this time that Phill, not wanting to step back from coaching golf, sought out summer employment, and for the past four years Phill has had the privilege to be apart of the MB Nike Sports Camp Team. Phill is British PGA certified coach and holds a Sports Performance & Exercise Science Diploma.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
The Milton, Massachusetts campus is one of the most beautiful small college campuses in New England. Located only seven miles outside of downtown Boston, its outstanding facilities include air conditioned dorms and nice dining facilities. As in the past, there will be two separate sets of staff for 24-hour supervision, both on and off the course.
MBSC owners Mehdi & Maria Belhassan guarantee young golfers or future golfers, of every level, that their program will be the best in the nation. We look forward to seeing you on our driving range and golf course with our teaching pros.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Camp meeting at practice facility - skills demonstrations from staff focusing on the day's key swing elements
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and the full swing
- Noon Lunch/relaxation
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play - staff to provide on-course instruction on club/shot selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner/free-time/guest speakers/seminars
- 7:00-9:30pm Fun, supervised evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out
- Other activities include ping pong, softball, basketball, touch football, soccer, ultimate Frisbee, chess, museums, movies, concerts, historical sites, Red Sox games, Harvard square, and quincy market. All off-campus trips are at a minimal cost on a purely non-compulsory nature.
- Check-in occurs on Sunday (12:00 - 2:00pm for Overnight campers and 2:00 - 2:30pm for Day and Extended Day campers). Check-out takes place between either 12:00 - 2:00pm or 4:00 - 6:00pm.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities.
- The Day Camp fee includes morning instruction, lunch and afternoon course play.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.