Nike Golf Camps, Denison University Granville, Ohio
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Junior golfers are invited to Granville, Ohio, located just 35 minutes from Columbus, for the sixth consecutive year of Nike Junior Golf Camps at Denison University!
This four night, five day experience promises to be rewarding for golfers ages 10 - 18 and all ability levels. All instruction and course play takes place at Granville Golf Course, located minutes from the Denison campus. Enjoy expert instruction from coach Kyle Pottkotter and the dedicated Nike Camp staff members!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from college coaches and players
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Daily on-course instruction (9-18 holes)
- Video analysis provided using V1 System
- Fun, supervised off-course activities (movie night, swimming, pizza night etc.)
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Granville Golf Course
All golf activities take place at nearby Granville Golf Course, designed in 1924 by famed Scottish Golf Course Architect, Donald Ross. Granville has long been considered one of the best golf courses in the midwest. The scenic layout features 63 well-placed bunkers, elevated and undulating greens, rolling wooded terrain and over 20,000 flowers. Golf Digest gave Granville G.C. four stars in its annual 'Best Places to Play.'
In additon to a fantastic golf course, Granville G.C. offers Nike campers an ideal setting for morning instruction. The practice area features a large driving range with grass tees, and two practice greens.Meet your coaching staff
Coach Pottkotter is the former coach for the Denison golf program. During his tenure, Pottkotter guided the Big Red to two NCAA Division III Championships, resulting in a 9th place finish as an assistant and a 14th place finish as head coach. His teams produced 9 All-NCAC selections and four All-American selections. He is a 1999 alum of Denison, where he lettered as a member of the Big Red basketball team. In addition to his prior golf duties at Denison, Pottkotter served as assistant basketball coach and taught in the physical activities department.
Staff includes two well known and respected local golf pros, Rodney Butt and Brian Booher.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Denison University offer each junior golfer the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of their starting point. Coach Pottkotter and his staff offer a positive and fun learning environment, one in which campers can thrive under the direction of motivated and highly skilled instructors. It is our goal for every camper to leave Denison feeling passionate about the sport and more confident in their game.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
The Day Camp option runs 9:00am-5:00pm and includes morning instruction, lunch and afternoon course play.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up
- 7:30-8:00am Breakfast
- 8:00-8:30am Travel to golf course
- 8:45-11:45am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- 12:00-1:00pm Lunch and free-time
- 1:00-5:00pm Course play with staff - instruction on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 5:30-6:30pm Dinner on campus
- 6:30-9:00pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out
- Nike Golf Campers stay in residence hall rooms at Denison University, located in the quaint community of Granville. Meals are provided for campers in the dining halls each day.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities.
- Check-in will take place from 1:00 - 2:30 pm on Sunday at Denison University. The graduation ceremony will take place on Thursday at 1:00 pm followed by departure from 1:30 - 2:30 pm.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.