Nike Golf Camps, Foxtail Golf Club Rohnert Park, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Get better this summer under the direction of our dedicated camp staff in Rohnert Park, CA. Camp Director and Sonoma State Head Coach, Val Verhunce, and his staff are looking forward to another great summer in 2014!
Full Day Camps
These camps are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 10-15. The teaching staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. Our Full Day camps run from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of the Nike camp staff, the campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then afternoon course play with the staff.
Half Day Camps
These programs include 15 total hours of range instruction and are designed to create interest and foster development in golfers of all abilities. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from nationally recognized college coach, Val Verhunce
- Daily course play with the staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette (Full Day Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Camp Director, Val Verhunce begins his seventh season as Sonoma State's men's golf coach. A PGA Professional with 20+ years of experience and a Class 'A' member of the Professional Golfers Association of America, Verhunce has supported golfers in realizing their goals along with providing them with a high level of motivation.
Foxtail Golf Club
This 36-hole facility in the heart of wine country offers players of all skill levels a fantastic golf experience. Foxtail also boasts one of the best golf instruction and practice facilities in the North Bay including a full driving range, chipping and putting practice areas.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in camp price, day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full Day campers depart