Nike Golf Camps, Goodwin Park Golf Course Hartford, Connecticut
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps in Hartford, CT are proud to offer two different programs accommodating all skill levels. With Full Day and Half Day camps available, the beginner golfer to the tournament player will find a program suited for them. Our staff of teaching professionals looks forward to another fantastic summer of golf in 2014!
Full Day Camp
These camps are designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7-16. At Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, to the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. The camps run Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of the Nike instruction staff, every morning for three hours, the campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then 9 holes with on-course instruction. The camp has a low camper per instructor ratio of approximately 6:1.
Half Day Camp
Half Day golf camps offer children, ages 7 to 16, a fun opportunity to experience the wonders of golf in a healthy and positive environment. Our half day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in beginners and intermediate golfers. The camps run Monday to Friday from 9:00am to Noon and include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, full swing, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Instruction from recognized and dedicated golf professionals
- Low student to teacher ratio of approximately 6:1
- Three hours of practice with Jim Goshdigian and his staff covering all facets of the game; putting, chipping/pitching, full-swing
- Daily on-course instruction (full day camps only)
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Camp Director Jim Goshdigian has been a golf professional for the past 35 years, operating successful instructional programs across the country. As a player Jim has won over 50 professional tournaments. During camp Jim and his staff stress the fundamentals and do their best to make the camp fun and competitive. Testaments to Jim teaching ability are his many repeat campers and the fact that eight of his junior students have gone to play college golf with full scholarships.
Goodwin Golf Course
This popular 27-hole facility offers a full-length 18-hole layout as well as an executive nine hole course. With its elevated tees, Goodwin's layout offers a challenge for golfers of all skill levels.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (Included in Full Day price, Half Day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. On-course instruction on club selection, course management, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart