Nike Golf Camps, Hoosier Golf Camp Bloomington, Indiana
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Seasoned Nike Camp Director, Mike Mayer, and Indiana University cordially invite junior golfers to Bloomington, IN this summer for a week of fun and superior golf instruction at one of the most recognized universities in the country. Coach Mayer and his staff promise to deliver a rewarding experience to all junior golfers alike.
Each day of camp consists of work in four primary areas: full swing, partial swing, short-game (pitching, chipping, and bunker play) and putting. Daily activities also include playing the IU championship and executive courses. Other activities include: video swing analysis, course management strategy, rules and etiquette seminars and NCAA recruiting/scholarship seminars.
IMPORTANT CAMP NOTE: The overnight option is open to boys only, but girls can participate as extended day campers.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from nationally recognized college coaches
- Daily course play at the Indiana University facilities
- Video swing analysis
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, camp workbook, water bottle, bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course evening activities
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Indiana University Golf Course
Junior golfers participating in Hoosier Golf Camp at IU have an opportunity to practice and play each day at the university-owned IU Golf Course, one of the finest college golf facilities in the country and home to the IU men’s and women’s golf teams. The IU golf facility runs adjacent to the campus and includes an 18-hole championship course, nine-hole executive course, 10-acre driving range and four large practice greens. IU's championship course plays host to Indiana Section PGA events as well as numerous collegiate tournaments including the 2002 Northern Intercollegiate and 2003 Big Ten Championship.
In addition to practicing at the range and playing the championship and executive courses, campers utilize IU’s practice facility, home of the Hoosier men’s and women’s golf teams. Widely considered one of the finest of its kind in the country, this state-of-the-art, short game facility comes complete with bent grass tees and fairways as well as seven bent grass greens and 20 sand bunkers.Meet your coaching staff
Mike Mayer is in his 14th season at the helm of the Indiana men's golf program. Coach Mayer added his 19th and 20th tournament titles during the 2011 spring season at the Wexford Plantation Intercollegiate and the Adidas Hoosier Invitational. The squad finished the 2011 campaign with four titles, as the Hoosiers captured the Firestone Invitational and the Kiawah Island Intercollegiate in the Fall of 2010. Along with his coaching duties, Mayer serves as Director of Golf for Indiana University and oversees the operation of IU’s entire golf facility, including the state-of-the-art practice area he helped bring to fruition in 2002. He has undergraduate degrees in journalism and literature (1987 - IU) and a master’s degree in sports management (1998 - IU).
The Nike Camp staff is comprised of other Division I college coaches, PGA professionals and current/former college players who serve as counselors.
Nike Golf Campers stay just minutes from the golf course at the Alpha Delta Pi Sorority house, located on the IU campus. The camp staff resides with the campers and provides supervision and guidance throughout the entire camp week. Campers stay two per room and roommate requests are honored in most situations. All meals are buffet style.
The Extended Day Camp option runs from 8:00am-9:00pm. This program includes everything except lodging - all meals, golf activities and evening activities are included in this price.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:30am Breakfast
- 8:30-11:45am Instruction stations - campers rotate between putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing practice
- Noon Lunch/relaxation
- 1:30-2:45pm Instruction stations
- 3:00-5:00pm Course play with staff (9-18 holes daily) focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 5:15-6:30pm Dinner
- 6:45pm-Dark Golf practice/games
- 8:30-10:00pm Evening activities, seminars (rules, college golf, etiquette)
- 10:30pm Lights out
- Check-in will take place on Sunday from 1:00 - 3:00 pm at the Alpha Delta Pi Sorority House. Graduation will take place at 3:00 pm at the Alpha Delta Pi Sorority House on Thursday. Roomates are guaranteed and linens are not provided.
- Campers arriving to Indianapolis Airport at suggested to have a flight arrival from 9:00am - 12 pm on Sunday and a departure time between 4:30 - 6:30 pm on Thursday. Campers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the airport.
- The Overnight fee includes lodging, meals, all golf instruction and evening activities.
- The Extended Day Camp fee includes all golf activities, meals, and evening activities.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- IMPORTANT CAMP NOTE: The overnight option is open to boys only, but girls can participate as day campers.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.