Nike Golf Camps, Lawrenceville School Lawrenceville, New Jersey
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Now entering its 17th year of operation, Nike Junior Golf Camps at Lawrenceville has become the most popular junior golf program in the entire state of New Jersey. Coach Ronnie Kane looks forward to another great year helping junior golfers improve and have fun with the sport of golf!
The Lawrenceville School, one of the finest prep schools in the country, is located just four miles south of Princeton. Practice and play takes place at the Lawrenceville Golf Course, which features a nine-hole golf course. Nike campers also enjoy an 18 hole outing a beautiful Skytop Lodge in the poconos. Coach Kane also offers day camps at Lawrenceville Golf Course. For information on RK Day Camps, please CLICK HERE.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio
- One-day trip to historic Skytop Lodge for 18-hole course play
- Daily course play with the Lawrenceville camp staff
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, a camp workbook, bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, off-course evening activities (movie night, basketball, field games etc.)
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
The Lawrenceville School
The Lawrenceville Golf Course is conveniently located on campus, directly across the street from the dorms. This superb nine hole, par 35 scenic golf course also features a spacious driving range, unique short game area, putting green and chipping green. Campers play the course each afternoon while receiving instruction on course management, shot and club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette and supervision. *Campers are housed on campus in the dorms at the prestigious Lawrenceville School.
Skytop Lodge Golf Course
In addition to the daily instruction at the Lawrenceville School, campers are treated to a day-long outing and special Nike camp tournament at the historic and luxurious Skytop Lodge. The 5,500 acre resort, situated in the heart of the poconos, boasts an 18-hole championship golf course which recently received 4 1/2 stars from Golf Digest.
USGTA Golf Professional and Lawrenceville faculty member, Ronnie Kane, enters his 17th summer as Nike Golf Camp director. A former three sport athlete and graduate of Franklin Marshall College, Coach Kane is head basketball coach and director of golf at the Lawrenceville School. Ronnie’s positive personality and passion for golf are big reasons his camps are so successful. Coach Kane rounds out his staff with other golf professionals and collegiate players.
Ronnie is assisted by other teaching professionals and college players.
Coupling the enthusiastic instruction of Coach Kane and his staff with the spectacular Lawrenceville facilities, each camper has the opportunity to thrive at our Nike Junior Overnight Golf Camp regardless of their skill level.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up
- 7:15-8:15am Breakfast
- 8:30-11:30am Skills and Training-campers spend one hour at three different stations, putting & chipping, pitching & bunker, and full swing
- 11:30-12:30pm Lunch, free time
- 12:45-5:15pm Course play with instruction on strategy, course management, and etiquette
- 5:30-6:00pm Relax, down-time
- 6:00-6:30pm Dinner at Lawrenceville School
- 6:30-9:30pm Evening activities (movie night, pizza night, field games etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out
- Check-in: Sunday afternoon at 4:00pm at the Hamill House.
- Graduation ceremony on Thursday at 3:00pm. Check-out to follow between 3:30 - 4:00pm.
- Campers are housed on campus in the dorms with two or three campers per room at the prestigious Lawrenceville School. All roommate requests are guaranteed. Linens, pillows and towels are NOT provided.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include swimming, recreational sports, movies, and more.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- Lawrenceville School is not in any way involved in the ownership or management of the Nike Golf Camp.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.