Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps provide young golfers with the tools to enjoy this great game for a lifetime. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert instruction from Tony Luczak, course play at the challenging, yet enjoyable MSU facilities and fun off-course activities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week. After six years of running successful camps we’ve created an environment that allows campers to leave feeling confident in their golf game.
Check-In and Check-Out
Registration occurs at South Hall for all campers (day, extended day and overnight) from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. on Sunday. The graduation ceremony will take place at Mississippi State Golf Course at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend! Departure will be immediately following the graduation.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and, meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include swimming, recreational sports, movies, and more. Extended Day and Day campers arrive around 9:00 a.m.
- Day Campers depart around 4:00 p.m. each day and Extended Day campers depart around 9:00 p.m. A more complete schedule will be given to you upon check-in.
Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Mississippi State University Golf Course
Designed by renowned golf course architect Brian Ault in 1986, the MSU Golf Course clearly separates itself as the best public golf course in the Golden Triangle. Home to the MSU golf team, guests can practice right beside team members on the course's driving range, putting green and short game practice facility. The course also serves as the official golf facility of the MSU College of Business and Industry's Professional Golf Management Program (PGM). In 1996, Golf Digest listed the University Golf Course as the fifth-best public course in the state of Mississippi. Golf Digest called the University Golf Course the "best college course in the South," adding it was "challenging, but fair" with a "fun, walkable layout."
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Practice demonstrations conducted by Coach Luczak and staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch/free-time
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play - staff provides instruction on course management, shot/club selection, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, guest speakers etc.
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening activities (movie night, bowling, field games etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out