Nike Golf Camps, Mississippi State University Starkville, Mississippi
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
US Sports Camps is proud to offer Nike Junior Golf Camps at Mississippi State Univeristy for its fifth consecutive year during the summer of 2012. Join Director of the MSU Institute of Golf, Tony Luczak, and his passionate staff for an awesome camp experience!
Campers will be housed in two-person rooms on campus at Mississippi State University. The Extended Day program runs from 9:00am - 9:00pm. The Day Camp option runs from 9:00am-4:00pm. Luczak will also host an advanced/high school players week for the competitive golfer looking to take his or her game to the next level. Click on the following link to view complete information about this program - Nike Advanced Golf Schools, Mississippi State University.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from nationally recognized college coaches and players
- Daily course play (9-18 holes) with staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
- Fun, supervised off-course activities
Mississippi State University Golf Course
Designed by renowned golf course architect Brian Ault in 1986, the MSU Golf Course clearly separates itself as the best public golf course in the Golden Triangle. Home to the MSU golf team, guests can practice right beside team members on the course's driving range, putting green and short game practice facility. The course also serves as the official golf facility of the MSU College of Business and Industry's Professional Golf Management Program (PGM). In 1996, Golf Digest listed the University Golf Course as the fifth-best public course in the state of Mississippi. Golf Digest called the University Golf Course the "best college course in the South," adding it was "challenging, but fair" with a "fun, walkable layout."Meet your coaching staff
A 1990 MSU graduate and PGA member since 1992, Tony Luczak previously owned and managed a national golf academy in Clifton Park, N.Y. Luczak has been honored with the Northeastern New York PGA Teacher of the Year Award and the "Top Instructors" recognition of both Golf Magazine and Golf Digest. In 2008 Tony Luczak launched the Mississippi State Institute of Golf which houses an indoor teaching studio and research lab. The Vector Launch Monitor, Body Motion System by iClub and the Callaway OptiFit Driver Fitting System are just some of the analysis equipment used in the Institute for university research and the MSU Golf Academy.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps provide young golfers with the tools to enjoy this great game for a lifetime. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert instruction from Tony Luczak, course play at the challenging, yet enjoyable MSU facilities and fun off-course activities. After four years of running successful camps we’ve created an environment that allows campers to leave feeling confident in their golf game. We invite you to join us this summer and experiece the fun for yourself!
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Practice demonstrations conducted by Coach Luczak and staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch/free-time
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play - staff provides instruction on course management, shot/club selection, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, guest speakers etc.
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening activities (movie night, bowling, field games etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out
- Registration occurs at South Hall for all campers (day, extended day and overnight) from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- The graduation ceremony will take place at Mississippi State Golf Course at 11:30 a.m. on Thursday. Parents are invited to attend! Departure will be immediately following the graduation.
- Extended Day and Day campers arrive around 9:00 a.m. Day Campers depart around 4:00 p.m. each day and Extended Day campers depart around 9:00 p.m. A more complete schedule will be given to you upon check-in.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include swimming, recreational sports, movies, and more.
- Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.