Nike Golf Camps, Mount Snow Resort Mount Snow, Vermont
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Junior Golf Camps in Vermont offer a camp session in 2013 at beautiful Mount Snow Resort. Championship golf, great accommodations, and instruction from one of the most respected professionals in New England make this program an unforgettable experience!
Mount Snow Resort, home to one of Vermont’s finest golf courses and the renowned Original Golf School at Mount Snow, welcomes junior golfers of all abilities, ages 10 to 18, for two Nike Golf Camps this summer. Join Original Golf School Director, Jay Morelli, and his staff of professionals for outstanding instruction in an unforgettable mountain setting.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Mount Snow also offers an Advanced Golf School for competitive players looking to take their game to the next level. To learn more about our Advanced Schools, CLICK HERE.
- Instruction from PGA professionals
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio
- Daily on-course instruction at Mount Snow Golf Club with our experienced coaches and staff
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, camp workbook, bag tag, water bottle, and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course activities
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Mount Snow Golf Club
Mount Snow Golf Club, conveniently located in Southern Vermont only two hours from Boston and four hours from New York City, is the golf instruction capital of New England. Designed by Geoffrey Cornish to take full advantage of majestic mountain scenery and wooded terrain, this 18-hole championship course has been rated one of the top five in Vermont by Golf Digest and one of the top ten in the country by Ski Magazine. Travel Weekly called Mount Snow’s signature 4th hole one of North America’s 100 most scenic holes.Meet your coaching staff
Participants in the Nike Junior Golf Camps at Mount Snow practice and play under the direction of Jay Morelli and members of his Orignal Golf School at Mount Snow teaching staff. A former New England PGA Teacher of the Year and winner of the New England PGA Bill Strasbaugh Award, Jay was named the 2003 Professional of the Year by the Vermont PGA. He has also been recognized by Golf Digest as among the "Best teachers in the state of Vermont", and by Golf Magazine as one of the "Top teachers in New England."
Campers stay two per room in resort accommodations at Mountaineer Inn and have access to the Inn's amenities. The Extended Day Camp runs from 9:00am-9:00pm. The Day Camp runs from 9:00am-4:00pm.
The Mount Snow area is filled with historic towns, antique shops, artisans, craft producers, farms open to visitation, live music, performing arts venues and outlet shopping centers. Extend your vacation with a few days of hiking, mountain biking and horseback riding, learn fly fishing, or go canoeing, sailing and kayaking on any of the numerous pristine rivers and lakes.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Skill demonstrations conducted by coaches and staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate between stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch/free-time
- 1:00-5:00pm Course play - staff to provide on-course instruction on course management, shot/club selection, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, relax, seminars, guest speakers, free-time
- 7:30-9:30pm Evening activities - golf games, movie night, swimming, field games, pizza night
- 10:00pm Lights out
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities.
- The Day Camp fee includes morning instruction, lunch and afternoon course play.
- Mount Snow Vacation Services can arrange air/train packages to camp. The camper will incur the cost of such transportation and will be responsible for arranging for taxi or shuttle service to Mount Snow Golf Club for check-in. 1-800-245-SNOW or email email@example.com
- Check-in will take place on Sunday from 1:00 - 2:30 pm at Mountaineer Inn. The graduation ceremony will take place on Thursday at the Mount Snow Golf Club at approximately 4:00 pm.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.