Nike Golf Camps, Rollins College Orlando, Florida
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Two-time NCAA Division II Coach of the Year, Kyle Frakes, invites junior golfers of all ability levels to Nike Golf Camps at Rollins College. Campers will practice and play at famed Rio Pinar Country Club - home of many past PGA and LPGA tournaments. Coach Frakes is poised to offer campers a great week of golf in 2014!
Rollins College is located just minutes outside of Orlando in Winter Park, FL. The Princeton Review named Rollins among the Top 50 "Best Value" private colleges nationally. Campers are housed on campus at Rollins in dormitory-style housing and the staff lives in the dorms to provide nightly supervision.
- Instruction from college coaches and experienced teaching professionals with low student/teacher ratio
- Daily course play at beautiful Rio Pinar Country Club
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Accommodations at Rollins College
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, camp workbook, bag tag, and other great prizes
- Fun, staff-supervised off-course activities (movie night, pizza night, swimming etc.)
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Rio Pinar Country Club
One of the most historic golf clubs in Central Florida, Rio Pinar has tested the greats including Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Lee Trevino to name a few! For fifty years, the private club has offered a classic layout that can be enjoyed by golfers of all levels. Rio has played host to 17 PGA/LPGA tournaments. We are excited to bring Nike campers to a club so rich in history.Meet your coaching staff
Kyle Frakes is in his 22nd season as head men's golf coach and 25th season as assistant men's basketball coach at Rollins College. It's difficult to find a college coach who has enjoyed more success than Frakes has had at Rollins. He has led the Tars to nine NCAA appearances, including a victory in the 2002 NCAA Championship and a second place finish in 2003, and he twice was named NCAA Division II Coach of the Year. The Sunshine State Conference has seen fit to honor him as it's "Coach of the Year" four times. On the basketball side of things, Frakes has helped guide the Rollins College team to four NCAA tournament appearances.
Nike camp staffs are generally comprised of other teaching and touring professionals, college coaches, renowned high school coaches and former/current college players who serve as camp counselors.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps provide young golfers with the tools to enjoy this great game for a lifetime. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert instruction, course play and fun off-course activities. With Coach Frakes and his committed and experienced staff, each Nike camper can leave at the end of the week feeling more confident about their game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Check-In and Check-Out
Camp starts between 1:00 - 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, July 20th and ends at approximately 1:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 24th following a brief graduation ceremony.
The overnight fee includes all golf activities, housing and meals. The extended day camp fee includes everything except breakfast and lodging.
Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Skills demonstrations conducted by coaches and staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch/free-time
- 1:00-5:30pm Course play - staff to provide instruction on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, seminars, guest speakers
- 7:00-9:30pm Evening activities (field games, movie night, golf games, swimming etc.)
- 10:00pm Lights out