Join us this summer at the Nike Golf Schools and Junior Camps at the University of San Diego. You'll improve your Golf game, meet new friends from all over the world and with our new Sport and Language programs, you'll improve your English too!
International campers will find that our Nike Golf camp at the University of San Diego offers campers everything they need for a great golf experience.The USD campus, built in Spanish Renaissance style, is situated on 180 acres of mesa overlooking San Diego’s beautiful Mission Bay. It has been rated as one of the most beautiful campuses in the country. The USD campus provides a safe, secure environment, and add an exciting cultural dimension to the total camp experience. Residence campers really absorb the college environment, since they are staying in the college dorms and dining at the Student Life Pavilion, where campers havea access to healthy food from all around the globe.
The Nike Golf program covers every aspect of the game, focusing on course management, shot/club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette. Golf campers are treated to a true San Diego golf tour with practice and play taking place at some of San Diego's best courses including Encinitas Ranch Golf Course, Riverwalk Golf Club, Barona Creek Golf Club, Maderas Golf Club, Morgan Run Club and Resort and The Crossings at Carlsbad. In addition to great golf and a terrific location, we are now offering campers the option to add a week of language classes prior to starting their Nike Golf Camp.
Four Nike Golf and language sessions will be offered this summer beginning July 7th and running through August 2nd (please see bottom of page for session start dates). The language program preceedes the golf camp program by one week, allowing campers the ability to immerse themselves in language clases and fun afternoon activities prior to their Nike Golf Camp. In this way, campers get the best of language and sport instruction without sacrificing one for the other.
The week-long language programs run Monday through Friday offering age-approppriate language sessions from 9am to 12:45pm each day. In the afternoon during the language week, campers participate in fun activities and excursions which further enable them to practice and improve their English. On the weekends, campers participate in excursions in San Diego and nearby locations. Golf campers will start their Nike Golf camp on the Sunday after their language week. The second and third weeks of your golf camp program are all about golf!
This is a new summer program offered with The English Language Academy at USD, who offer language prepartion programs for international students. These two or three week camp programs provides the perfect balance of language prep, activities and a terrific sport training program all at the same location.
International campers looking for individual Golf (sport only) sessions can click here. International campers may combine individual camp sessions together with weekend stay overs to create multi-week camp experiences.
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio with Hall of Fame college coach Mike Wydra and his experienced staff
- Daily on-course play with the staff (9-18 holes) focusing on course management, shot/club selection, strategy, rules and etiquette.
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes.
- Wide variety of courses including one 18 hole outing at a premier San Diego golf course
- Video analysis and take-home DVD
- Exciting evening activities are planned for each night and include a camp barbecue, pizza night, Boomer’s Family Fun Center, bowling night, movie night and a San Diego Padres baseball game.
- Optional language program designed to develop your English speaking skills and your confidence prior to camp!
Dates & Prices