Nike Golf Camps, San Geronimo Golf Course Fairfax, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps is proud to bring back our program to San Geronimo Golf Course in Fairfax, CA for 2013. The San Geronimo instructional staff is looking forward to a rewarding summer of improving junior golfer's skills and introducing new golfers to the game. These camps have been very popular in the past and often sellout, so early registration is recommended.
Half Day Camps
Half Day golf camps offer children, ages 7 to 14, a fun opportunity to experience the wonders of golf in a healthy and positive environment. Our half day programs are designed to create interest and foster development in players of all ability levels. These camps include fifteen hours of total range instruction. For three hours each day, campers sharpen their skills. Strong emphasis is placed on the fundamentals—stance, grip, posture, rules & etiquette, etc. As the week unfolds, campers receive quality short-game instruction and by Friday, each Nike junior golfer will see improvement in his or her golf game!
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio from PGA professionals
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Jim Murray, now entering his fourth summer as Nike Golf Camp director at San Geronimo Golf Course, is a teaching pro at the golf course and is certified by the Professional Golf Teachers Association of America.Read Full Bio
- Certification from the PGTAA
- Titleist club fitting consultant
- An 8 year apprenticeship under PGA Class A Professional Geoff Walsh, conducting Clinics, Tournaments, Private and Group Lessons
- Played and strategized with High School teammate Olin Browne, three-time PGA Tour winner
- Coached Jon Rubenstein, All-Southeast Conference standout, University of Kentucky
- Played Varsity Golf four years and Captained for two at Hartwick College
- Currently coaching Nicolas Woo, two-time ‘09 JGANC Champion
- Three-time Champion of “The Founders” at The Mid-Ocean Club, Bermuda
San Geronimo Golf Course
San Geronimo Golf Course is located just 35 minutes north of the Golden Gate Bridge and is the longest golf course in Marin County. San Geronimo Golf Course is one of Marin County’s true gems, offering 18 holes of demanding golf. Roaming over 150-acres of stunning terrain, the San Geronimo Golf Course presents golfers with unique elements of challenge and beauty. Each hole presents a new and varied challenge, and golfers will find that they have used every club in their bag after tackling San Geronimo. Water hazards await misdirected approaches on more than half the greens. Ponds come into play on seven holes, creeks on nine. There are also 44 strategically placed bunkers to contend with.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9am-Noon or 1pm-4pm Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.