Nike Golf Camps, Shawnee Inn Shawnee on Delaware, Pennsylvania
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Enroll in our 2014 Nike Junior Golf Camps in Pennsylvania which are hosted at Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. Located on the banks of the Delaware river just 72 miles west of New York City, this camp location is perfect for junior golfers in the northeast.
Enjoy great instruction from Shawnee’s PGA staff and fantastic golf at what Golf Digest hailed as one of 'America’s All-Time Greatest Courses.' Campers stay two or three per room at the Delaware Lodge just steps from the practice facility.
- Instruction from PGA professionals and college players
- Specific teaching programs for all ages and abilities
- Small group instruction with low student/teacher ratio
- Daily on-course instruction with the Nike Camp staff
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, supervised off-course activities including a canoe trip and an outing to nearby Camel Beach water park at the Camel Back ski area
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better!
Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Located 72 miles west of New York City on the banks of the Delaware River, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is known as the 'Gem of the East.' The A.W. Tillinghast design features 24 of 27 holes on Shawnee Island in the middle of the Delaware River. Breathtaking views and a great layout convinced Golf Digest to list Shawnee as one of 'America’s All-Time Greatest Courses.' To continue Shawnee’s outstanding golf tradition, the elite Tillinghast Golf Academy was launched in June 2003. Golfing visitors are trained at a learning center created to replicate the greatest design characteristics found on Tillinghast courses.Meet your coaching staff
Joseph W. Manley III
Joe is entering his 11th year at The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort. After working as an Assistant Professional for his first three seasons, Joe was promoted to Head Professional in 2005 and was elected to membership in the PGA of America in 2010.Read Full Bio
Joe graduated from East Stroudsburg University with a degree in Commercial Recreation and Leisure Services Management in 2002.
Joseph Manley is joined at camp by the professional staff of Shawnee's Tillinghast Golf Academy.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Shawnee offer each junior golfer the same opportunity to succeed, regardless of their starting point. Coach Manley and his staff offer a positive and fun learning environment, one in which campers can thrive under the direction of motivated and highly skilled instructors. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing, and meals. The Extended Day fee includes everything except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in takes place at the Shawnee Inn Pro Shop from 1:00 - 2:30 pm on Sunday. Graduation takes place at the Shawnee Inn Resort at 1:00 pm on Thursday; departure follows from 1:30 - 2:00 pm. Campers are housed three per room at the Shawnee Inn.
Campers arrivng by air need to secure their own transportation to and from the airport. Preferred arrival and departure times are from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm on Sunday and 2:00 - 5:00 pm on Thursday.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the accommodations alongside the campers and participate in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up/breakfast
- 8:00am Skills demonstrations conducted by Coach Miller and staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch/free-time
- 1:00-5:00pm Course play - staff provides instruction on course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 5:30-6:30pm Dinner, free-time, golf meetings and discussions
- 7:00-9:30pm Evening activities
- 10:00pm Lights out