Nike Golf Camps, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Nebraska
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
2014 marks the ninth year University of Nebraska has played host to Nike Golf Camps in Lincoln. Come join Camp Director, Scott Holly, and his staff for an exciting camp experience.
Nike campers are housed on campus at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in two-person rooms. Golf instruction and activities take place at the scenic Wilderness Ridge Golf Club, a short drive away from the UNL campus. From beginner to advanced-level players, our staff will customize a lesson plan for each camper, so that we never slow you down or leave you behind.
- Small group instruction from college coaches and players with a low student/teacher ratio
- Daily course play with the staff (9-18 holes)
- Nike amenity package including a Nike hat, one dozen Nike golf balls, a camp workbook, Nike bag tag and other great prizes
- Fun, staff-supervised off-course and evening activities (movie night, pizza night, field games etc.)
- Great accommodations on the University of Nebraska campus
- Safe, fun and healthy learning environment
Wilderness Ridge Golf Club
Our Championship Golf Course at just over 7,100 yards has played host to some of the most prestigious events in Nebraska golf, including the United States Open Qualifying, Nebraska Section PGA Championship, Nebraska Mid-Amateur Championship and numerous collegiate championships. The course is known for its outstanding bent grass greens, fairways and impressive water features.Meet your coaching staff
Scott is a PGA professional and the PGA Golf Management Coordinator at the University of Nebraska. He manages the Internship Program, provides support for PGA Golf Management courses that help prepare students to pass PGA Checkpoints, assists with recruitment and student activities such as golf tournaments, co-advises Student Club, and provides individualized golf instruction to students as needed.
Camp staff consists of five PGA professionals including two Nebraska Section PGA Teachers of the Year.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at University of Nebraska provide young golfers with the tools to enjoy this great game for a lifetime. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert instruction from Scott Holly and PGA professionals, course play at Wilderness Ridge and fun off-course activities. After six years of running successful camps we’ve created an environment that allows campers to leave feeling confident in their golf game. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the director and staff and placed in a program that addresses their own instructional needs.
Check-In and Check-Out
Check-in for Overnight and Day campers takes place on Monday from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m at Abel Hall. Check-out and departure occurs at Smith Hall from 2:00 – 2:30 p.m. on Friday at Abel Hall.
The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals. The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities.
Nike Golf Schools and Jr. Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff lives in the dormitories/resort accommodations with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
University of Nebraska is not a sponsor, or co-sponsor, of this camp.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 7:00am Wake-up, breakfast
- 8:00am Skills demonstrations conducted by Nike camp staff
- 8:30-11:30am Instruction - campers rotate through stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play and full-swing
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00-5:00pm Course play with staff (9-18 holes daily) focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner, free-time, guest speakers, seminars
- 7:00-9:00pm Evening activities - movie night, pizza night, sports games etc.
- 10:00pm Lights out