Nike Golf Camps, El Dorado Park Golf Course Long Beach, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Junior Golf Camp in Long Beach, CA is the newest location in Southern California in 2014! Join the dedicated staff of teaching professionals at El Dorado Park Golf Course for a week of instruction geared towards helping every player improve their game regardless of skill level.
The Full Day Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of our instructors campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then afternoon course play. The Half Day Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to Noon where participants will enjoy three hours of instruction daily.
- Instruction with low student to teacher ratio from experienced golf instructors including Long Beach State Head Coach, Joey Cerulle
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Daily course play with staff supervision (Full Day Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
El Dorado Park Golf Course
El Dorado Park Golf Course is a magnificent 18 hole layout that can truly be called a "player's course," due to its expansive layout and numerous water hazards. El Dorado Park Golf Course offers extensive practice facilities and a full service restaurant. In addition, the course was the previous venue of the Queen Mary Open, and is now the site of the prestigious Long Beach Open.Meet your coaching staff
Joey Cerulle is the Head Women's Golf Coach at Long Beach State and is entering his fifth season at the helm. Last season, Cerulle led LBSU to a second-place finish at the Big West Conference Championship for the second consecutive year and captured their first tournament title since 2009. Four 49ers were named to the All-Big West team for the second consecutive season as it was the most selected since 2006 when players from LBSU were honored.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16. The Nike Golf Camp staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, chipping and full swing
- Noon Lunch (half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play. Emphasis on shot selection, strategy, rules, etiquette, and course management
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart