Nike Golf Camps, Shawnee Golf Course Louisville, Kentucky
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Junior Golf Camps in Louisville, KY are hosted by Shawnee Golf Course in the heart of downtown. Shawnee is the newest, and only, Nike Golf Camp in the state of Kentucky and we are excited to offer these programs in 2014. Join the dedicated staff of teaching professionals for a week of instruction geared towards helping every player improve their game regardless of skill level.
The Full Day Camp at Shawnee runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Under the watchful eye of our instructors campers practice all aspects of their games- putting, chipping, bunker play and full-swing. Morning instruction is followed by lunch and then afternoon course play. The Half Day Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to Noon where participants will enjoy three hours of instruction daily.
- Instruction with low student to teacher ratio from experienced golf instructors
- Three hours of morning drills and games covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Daily course play with staff supervision (Full Day Camp only)
- Nike amenity package including hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
Shawnee Golf Course
Alongside the Ohio River and in the shadows of the Sherman Minton Bridge – Shawnee Golf Course has long been known as one of Louisville’s most “player-friendly” golf courses. The par-70 layout plays just over 6,400 from the back tees and offers low handicap players the chance to “go-low” when the driver is dialed in.Meet your coaching staff
Craig is a PGA teaching professional and lead instructor at Shawnee Golf Course in Louisville, KY. He has extensive coaching experience at all levels and looks forward to helping all junior improve this summer.
This program is designed for boys and girls between the ages of 7 and 16. The Nike Golf Camp staff is on hand to provide campers with top quality instruction each day. At Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps we accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Campers arrive. Instruction - practice skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, chipping and full swing
- Noon Lunch and Half Day campers depart
- 1:00pm Course play. Emphasis on shot selection, strategy, rules, etiquette, and course management
- 4:00pm Wrap-up and Full Day campers depart