Nike Golf Camps, BanBury Golf Course Boise, Idaho
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Junior golfers are invited to BanBury Golf Course for our first year of Nike Golf Camps near Boise, Idaho! Led by an experienced staff of teaching professionals, each camper will go home with the skills to take their game to the next level.
All aspects of the game are addressed during the camp; putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, strategy, rules, and etiquette. Campers will participate in drills, skills challenges, and other fun games throughout the camp week. PGA Director of Instruction, Jonathan Gibbs, and his dedicated staff are looking forward to helping every camper become more passionate for the game.
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student to teacher ratio
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing
- Daily course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette (full-day campers only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle, and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
BanBury Golf Course
Designed by John Harbottle III, BanBury Golf Course meanders around the South Channel of the Boise River, successfully uniting golf with native habitat. A challenging 6,890 yard par 71 public course, BanBury Golf Course has been consistently rated in the top ten golf courses in Idaho by Golf Digest in the past eight years.Meet your coaching staff
PGA Director of Instruction at BanBury Golf Course in Eagle, ID. Jonathan was the Idaho State High School Champion and went on to get a degree from BYU. Following college, Jonathan played professionally on the Canadian Tour before deciding to become a full-time coach. During his tenure as coach, he has had students go on to have successful collegiate and professional careers.
Ben is the PGA head professional at BanBury Golf Course. He was the Nevada High School State champion, played PAC-10 collegiate golf at Washington State, has a low competitive round of 60, and has made this wonderful game his profession. He recently won the 2012 Rocky Mountain PGA Section Championship by shooting a final round 63 at Huntsman Springs in Driggs, ID. This feat qualified him for the 2013 PGA Professional National Championship at The Crosswater Resort in Bend, OR. He is an enthusiastic teacher who enjoys junior golf.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at BanBury Golf Course will host both a full-day and half-day program for boys and girls, ages 7-15, of all ability levels. The full-day program will run from 9:00am - 4:00pm and include three hours of morning range instruction, lunch, and nine holes of supervised course play in the afternoon. Half-day campers will enjoy three hours of morning instruction (lunch and course play not included).
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - practice on skills and fundamentals; grip, stance, posture, pitching, putting, bunker play and full swing
- Noon Lunch (included in Full Day camp price, Half Day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Campers depart