Nike Golf Camps, DarkHorse Golf Club Auburn, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Junior golfers of all abilities are invited to join Steve Brodie and the DarkHorse Golf Club staff for a week of golf instruction and fun in Auburn, CA. Enroll today and get better this summer!
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Dark Horse will host both a full-day and half-day program for boys and girls, ages 7-15, of all ability levels. The full-day program will run from 9:00am - 4:00pm and include three hours of morning range instruction, lunch, and 9 holes of supervised course play in the afternoon. Half-day campers will enjoy three hours of morning instruction (lunch and course play not included).
All aspects of the game are addressed during the camp; putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, strategy, rules, and etiquette. Campers will participate in drills, skills challenges and a 9-hole tournament on the final day (full-day campers only).
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student to teacher ratio
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching and full swing
- Daily course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette (full-day campers only)
- Nike amenity package including hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
Steve Brodie has been playing and teaching golf professionally since 1986 and has been a member of many professional golf tours including the Australia/New Zealand Tour (1989/1990), the South African Tour (1992), the Ben Hogan/Nike/Nationwide Tours (1990-1998) and the PGA Tour (1994-1995). He has had a top-ten and numerous top-25 finishes on the PGA Tour, several top-5 finishes in other PGA Tour sanctioned events, and has won 15 mini tour events.Read Full Bio
Throughout Steve’s long playing career, he has worked with some of the finest golf instructors in the world including: Butch Harmon, Dave Pelz, Peter Kostis, Andy O’Brian and Jamie Mulligan. These instructors have given him the knowledge and technical understanding of all aspects of the golf swing, short game, course strategy, and mental toughness.
Dark Horse Golf Club
One of the finest courses built in Northern California in many years, DarkHorse lies in Auburn in the Sierra Nevada foothills, about 50 miles east of Sacramento. The course was laid out on what was once a 1,100-acre cattle ranch and features magnificent elevation changes. Holes were gently placed into the curving valleys on the site; the greens are subtly contoured; the bunkers are strategically placed and offer a variety of different shot making opportunities. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:45am Campers arrive
- 9:00am Staff demonstrations
- 9:15am - Noon Instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, chipping, bunker play, and full swing
- Noon Half-day campers depart, lunch for full-day campers
- 1:00 - 4:00pm 9 holes of course play. Emphasis on shot selection, strategy, rules, and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full-day campers depart