Nike Golf Camps, Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club Plano, Texas
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Nike Golf Camps in Plano, TX will be held at Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club. Camp Director and PGA professional, Bruce Sims, will offer superior golf instruction to junior golfers of all ability levels this summer. Don't miss out on this opportunity to take your game to the next level!
All aspects of the game are addressed during the camp; putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, strategy, rules, and etiquette. Campers will participate in drills, skills challenges, and other fun games throughout the camp week. PGA Director of Instruction, Bruce Sims, and his dedicated staff are looking forward to helping every camper become more passionate for the game.
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student to teacher ratio
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing
- Daily course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette (full-day campers only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle, and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club
The 18-hole "Ridgeview Ranch" course at the Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club facility in Plano, Texas features 7,025 yards of golf from the longest tees for a par of 72 . The course rating is 74.1 and it has a slope rating of 130 on Bermuda grass. Designed by Jeffrey D. Brauer, ASGCA, the Ridgeview Ranch golf course opened in 1996.Meet your coaching staff
Bruce Sims has been teaching the game of golf to students of all ages and levels for over 15 years. He is a Class A Master Certified Teaching Professional. Known in the golfing community for his innovative teaching techniques which break down the complex aspects of the golf swing into easy to learn steps. With his simple techniques, Bruce's students quickly grasp the skills of the game.
His golf lessons focus on evaluating your swing using the latest video techniques, assessing where improvements can be made and ultimately bringing you to a new level of skill with your game. His coaching philosophy is based on knowing you cannot standardize the golf swing as it's important to develop the swing based on your capabilities and after determining the most efficient way for you to swing the club.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at Ridgeview Ranch Golf Club will host both a full-day and half-day program for boys and girls, ages 8-15, of all ability levels. The full-day program will run from 9:00am - 4:00pm and include three hours of morning range instruction, lunch, and nine holes of supervised course play in the afternoon. Half-day campers will enjoy three hours of morning instruction (lunch and course play not included).
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instruction - campers rotate stations working on putting, chipping, pitching, bunker play, and full swing
- Noon Lunch and relaxation (half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff. Focus on strategy, course management, shot selection, rules and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart