Nike Golf Camps, StoneRidge Country Club Poway, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
US Sports Camps welcomes Nike Golf Camps at StoneRidge Country Club in Poway, CA to it's network of programs in 2013! This camp will be lead by Camp Director and experienced teaching professional, Justin Saragueta. Justin and his staff are eager to help all junior golfers improve and become more passionate for the game of golf.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at StoneRidge Country Club accommodate all skill levels; the junior player just discovering the game, the high school player trying to move up on the team, and the tournament level junior looking to improve his or her tournament results. All aspects of the game are addressed during the camp; putting, chipping, pitching, full swing, strategy, rules, and etiquette. Campers will participate in drills, skills challenges, and other fun games throughout the camp week.
- Instruction from recognized golf instructors with a low student to teacher ratio
- Three hours of morning instruction covering putting, chipping, pitching, and full swing
- Daily course play focusing on course management, strategy, shot selection, rules and etiquette (full-day campers only)
- Nike amenity package including a hat, balls, camp workbook, water bottle, and bag tag
- A healthy and positive learning environment designed to help every camper get better
Justin is currently the head golf professional at StoneBridge Country Club. After graduating from the University of Pacific, Justin started playing on mini tours such as the Golden State, Tight Lies and Pepsi Tours, to name a few. After playing well enough on the mini tours, Justin then had a great opportunity to play overseas in some Australasian PGA Tour events. Being in and around the game of golf on a professional and grassroots level has opened many doors and has endowed Justin with a wealth of knowledge.
Prior to instructing at StoneRidge Country Club, Justin was director of instruction at a Nike Golf Learning Center in Fullerton, California and he also helped start the instructional programs at Talega Golf Club in San Clemente.
Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps at StoneRidge Country Club will host both a full-day and half-day program for boys and girls, ages 7-15, of all ability levels. The full-day program will run from 9:00am - 4:00pm and include three hours of morning range instruction, lunch, and nine holes of supervised course play in the afternoon. Half-day campers will enjoy three hours of morning instruction (lunch and course play not included).
Our programs are designed for junior golfers to learn the game of golf in a safe and positive environment. Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 9:00am Instructional groups - campers rotate between stations working on putting, chipping, bunker play, and full swing
- Noon Lunch and relaxation (half day campers depart)
- 1:00pm Course play with staff - campers apply the morning instruction to the course while also focusing on course management, strategy, rules, and etiquette
- 4:00pm Full day campers depart