Nike Golf Camps, USC Trojan Camp Fallbrook, California
Click to enlarge and view gallery »
Junior golfers of all ability levels are welcome to join the USC Trojan coaching staff, led by Chris Zambri and John Wurzer, for an unrivaled summer camp experience at Nike Golf Camp at Pala Mesa Resort!
Nike campers reside in double rooms at Pala Mesa Resort and have the privilege of playing their award-winning Championship course. Daily instruction takes place at Pala Mesa's private driving range and short-game area.
- Instruction from nationally recognized college coaches and players
- Small group instruction with low student:teacher ratio of approximately 5:1
- Discussions on tournament preparation, practice routines and opportunities for college golf
- Daily Course Play at Pala Mesa Resort with focus on improving all aspects of play
- Nike amenity package including a hat, one dozen golf balls, camp workbook, water bottle, bag tag, and other great prizes
- Safe, healthy and fun learning environment
Pala Mesa Resort
The Pala Mesa Resort Golf Course is one of Southern California’s most challenging golf courses. This beautifully manicured 18-hole, Par 72, championship course accented with magnificent oaks, sycamores, and elms continues to be recognized as one of the most beautiful San Diego Golf Courses. Spectacular mountain views provide the backdrop and there are challenges at every turn with the tree-lined fairways and seemingly narrower front nine holes and the dramatic changes in elevation and visually wider fairways dominate the more scenic and gentler back nine.Meet your coaching staff
Chris Zambri, a former USC All-Pac-10 performer and longtime Nationwide Tour veteran, is in his fifth year as USC's men's golf head coach. In a short amount of time, Zambri has established himself as among the top coaches in the nation and has taken his team to the NCAA Championships final in each of his first four years.
Zambri's teams have won 11 events, including Pac-10 titles in 2007 and 2011 and an NCAA Regional in 2008. His 2008 team came within three strokes of first place at the NCAA Championships. Trojan golfers have also won 11 individual crowns under Zambri.
Zambri, 39, played six years on the Nationwide Tour and was an active teaching professional when he was not competing. A 1993 USC graduate who played for the Trojans from 1989 to 1993, Zambri played six seasons on the Nationwide Tour between 1997 and 2004. He finished as high as 19th on the circuit's money list in 1998, posting two second-place finishes that year. He competed in four PGA Tour events as well as the 1995 and 1999 U.S. Opens. As a Trojan, he was a two-time All-Pac-10 second team selection in 1991 and 1993.
John Wurzer, a successful high school coach and golf instructor for more than a decade, is in his second year as a USC men's and women's golf assistant coach in 2012-13 after two years as the golf operations director (2010-11).
Wurzer brings a wealth of golf knowledge and business experience to the Trojan Golf program. He was the head golf coach at Torrance (Calif.) High from 2000-08, where he won the 2005, 2007 and 2008 California Interscholastic Federation (CIF) State Girls Golf Championships.
Under his leadership, Torrance became the most successful high school girl's golf program in California with 24 Top 2 finishes in CIF events (17 CIF championships and 7 CIF runner-up finishes). His teams produced 2007 LPGA Rookie of the Year Angela Park, Futures Tour players Maria Ham, Jane Rah & Jenny Shin and numerous Division I golfers.
Directors Zambri and Wurzer will be assisted by other teaching professionals and current USC varsity players.
The USC Trojan Golf Camp provides young golfers with the tools to enjoy this great game for a lifetime. Our curriculum is the perfect blend of expert instruction, course play and fun off-course activities. With the experience and passion of coaches Zambri and Wurzer and their staff, each Nike camper can leave at the end of the week feeling more confident about their game.
Upon arrival, all participants are evaluated by the staff so that their own instructional needs can be addressed throughout the week.
Sample Daily Schedule
- 8:00am Breakfast
- 9:00am - Noon Small group instruction - campers work through stations/drills working on putting & chipping, pitching & bunker, and full swing
- Noon Lunch
- 1:00 - 5:30pm Course play with staff focusing on course management, shot selection, strategy, rules and etiquette
- 6:00pm Dinner
- 7:00 - 9:30pm Evening activities
- 10:30pm Lights out
- Check-in occurs from 1:00 - 2:30pm on Sunday, July 28th. Check-out is from 12:30 - 1:00pm on Thursday, August 1st.
- Campers are housed in doubles at Pala Mesa Resort. All meals are served at the dining facilities at the resort.
- The Overnight fee includes all golf instruction, green fees, evening activities, housing and all meals.
- The Extended Day fee includes all of the above except housing and breakfast. Extended Day campers may participate in the evening activities which will include swimming, recreational sports, movies, and more.
- Nike Golf Schools & Junior Camps does not provide transportation to and from airports, bus depots or train stations. The information packet we send to registered campers in the spring offers suggestions on shuttle services for each specific camp.
- Campers are supervised 24 hours a day. The staff resides at the resort with the campers and participates in evening activities. Drugs, alcohol and tobacco are strictly prohibited, and constitute, along with general misconduct, grounds for dismissal from camp without a refund.
- A detailed camper registration packet containing check in location, health/release forms, emergency contact info, and a list of things to bring will be emailed to all registered campers in the Spring.